Rookie Camp Observations - Day Three

Mike

I was able to watch about an hour of practice after I picked up my tickets.

-Dicroce better be hurt, because he wasn't finishing any of his routes. He kept stopping and then trying to leap to reach the ball.

-Clement has a weird release. Reminds me of a baseball pitcher chucking a curveball.

-Saw two skelly's. Pierce and Miles really stand out among the receivers. Miles can run every route and has nice hands. He'd be a candidate for an Edwards type role. Kennedy is fast and quick, hands a little iffy.

-Cameron looked miles ahead of the other two.

Not a huge fan of the tempo of practice. Lot of guys doing a lot of standing around and not a lot of reps. A guy like Fitzgerald spent about 50 minutes of the hour I watched doing absolutely nothing but standing and watching. He did some individual drills on the sideline, took about 30% of the snaps in skelly and long-snapped for special teams (doesn't look like a legitimate long-snapping option as he short-hopped the majority of his snaps). DB's, LB's and DL were always on the move.

I was able to watch about an hour of practice after I picked up my tickets.

-Dicroce better be hurt, because he wasn't finishing any of his routes. He kept stopping and then trying to leap to reach the ball.

-Clement has a weird release. Reminds me of a baseball pitcher chucking a curveball.

-Saw two skelly's. Pierce and Miles really stand out among the receivers. Miles can run every route and has nice hands. He'd be a candidate for an Edwards type role. Kennedy is fast and quick, hands a little iffy.

-Cameron looked miles ahead of the other two.

Not a huge fan of the tempo of practice. Lot of guys doing a lot of standing around and not a lot of reps. A guy like Fitzgerald spent about 50 minutes of the hour I watched doing absolutely nothing but standing and watching. He did some individual drills on the sideline, took about 30% of the snaps in skelly and long-snapped for special teams (doesn't look like a legitimate long-snapping option as he short-hopped the majority of his snaps). DB's, LB's and DL were always on the move.

Agreed on Miles. I think he looks great. Thanks for the report.

Mike who would you say in your opinion was the fastest receiver out there?

don't be fooled by speed. speed is one thing and hand is one thing. Floyd fooled us by his speed but can consistently catch the ball.

From the reports, looks like the Kennedy and Massey are the fastest in rookie camp. Of the two, Kennedy has the surest hand.

Not fooled at all. Speed is just an element that I was curious to see who was using most to his advantage out there on the bigger field.

There are other traits that I’d like to see first before speed, in most cases. The ability to adjust to the ball, for example.

Agreed. Now that Denmark is moving to wideout

Are they doing this to try to get Poblah inside?

Yes.

everyone likes to pile on Etienne, but to me Poblah is #1 on the gotta prove something this year list. Came in with so much hype it's about times he becomes a factor in the passing game.

I'll fully admit it's possible that my disdain for Buck is clouding my judgement but I don't think he looks far and away like the best QB out there anymore (like he did in past offseasons). Clearly a small sample size with just the earlier minicamp and now these three days but I think its pretty close.

I'll fully admit it's possible that my disdain for Buck is clouding my judgement but I don't think he looks far and away like the best QB out there anymore (like he did in past offseasons). Clearly a small sample size with just the earlier minicamp and now these three days but I think its pretty close.

I hope its true. Still a tad early for me to get too excited but I'm hoping max hall can excellent here.

everyone likes to pile on Etienne, but to me Poblah is #1 on the gotta prove something this year list. Came in with so much hype it's about times he becomes a factor in the passing game.

I think we need to keep in mind though that Poblah has only started for one year, because he was hurt in his first year.

I think, as the Bombers did with Etienne, we need to have a little bit of patience with him.

I think putting him in the slot is the best way to use his skills and I hope to see him take another step in development this year.

I think we need to keep in mind though that Poblah has only started for one year, because he was hurt in his first year.

I think, as the Bombers did with Etienne, we need to have a little bit of patience with him.

I think putting him in the slot is the best way to use his skills and I hope to see him take another step in development this year.

The difference between Etienne and Poblah is that Etienne was acknowledged to be a project from the start, but with Poblah he was touted as being ready to step in right away and good enough to get a look as an american before his eligibility was cleared up. This guy injuries in his first year or not needs to start living up to that hype. Yeah it was a position he was in that didn't get a lot of use, I understand that, but if they're moving him inside just to help his production he needs to justify that move, that's where the pressure comes in.

Poblah has been out of position since he has got here. Has to be inside with Watson and Edwards. Too much talent there he did play division I football. Watson has to prove he can stay a full year healthy or else I think a import could move inside and a non import could move to wide out to fill the spot.

Poblah moving in to the slot will be a huge move for him, hopefully. His production should really pick up at this point.

I'm thinking this is Poblah's year to either break-out or to forever sink into Bauman-like mediocrity. I like him and think he has potential, but if being inside and seeing way more balls doesn't lead to dramatically increased production then not sure what more can be done with him.

Poblah moving in to the slot will be a huge move for him, hopefully. His production should really pick up at this point.

I'm thinking this is Poblah's year to either break-out or to forever sink into Bauman-like mediocrity. I like him and think he has potential, but if being inside and seeing way more balls doesn't lead to dramatically increased production then not sure what more can be done with him.

Exactly. They're moving him to a new position just to suit what they feel his skills are, if he doesn't make the most of this move after being so underwhelming to date then it's big questions about him as a player. He's getting a spot gifted to him, gotta make the most of it.