Rookie Camp Observations - Day Three

Mike

Last day of rookie camp ...

I'll start off with a few predictions. If there are cuts before main camp, I'm guessing McCree and Pavlopoulos could be two of them. Pav isn't bad but Hutchinson and especially Cameron look to be so far ahead at this point.

Other things ...

-- Best QB today was again Max Hall and that was WITH Buck Pierce participating. Worst was once again Clement.

-- Tons of dropped balls, obviously the weather is playing a part.

-- Guys that stood out to me on offense: 71, 72, 83 and 80.

-- Guys that stood out to me on defense: 31, 36 and in a bad way ... 41 and 35. They just look like they're maybe a gear behind everyone else.

-- They're REALLY investing a lot of effort into Carl Fitzgerald. He's getting coached personally almost all the time.

One thing I find interesting is that with the amount of DL they've brought in, there are HUGE differences between the size of some of these guys. Considering they're mostly all listed as ends, I swear they must range from 230 to 280. Marcus Hyde looks fast as hell and Zach Anderson just seems to never quit moving no matter what's going on.

Jameze Massey is definitely quick but with his incredibly small size I have a hard time seeing him being effective in the receiving game. It's almost like every catch he makes has to be an outstanding catch because the ball is way above his head. Sure its nice to see great catches, but how consistent can a guy be when every catch has to be a circus catch? Still, I like his potential in the return game.

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 5m

Mike DiCroce had to leave practice today due to a sore foot. Burke said it's the same foot he broke last year. #Bombers

I'm not too worried about it. As our 5th NI receiver, maybe we can stash him on the IR and let him heal up until he's really needed.

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 5m

Mike DiCroce had to leave practice today due to a sore foot. Burke said it's the same foot he broke last year. #Bombers

I'm not too worried about it. As our 5th NI receiver, maybe we can stash him on the IR and let him heal up until he's really needed.

not worried... less competition for Etienne... im actually eager to see him in the active roster to see what we will get from him

Honestly, I won't be surprised if Brett Carter joins our PR as a territorial claim.

He's been one of the better (top 3) receivers in this three day camp.

would love to see that too. i cant remember when was the last time the Bombers did that .

Mike who would you say in your opinion was the fastest receiver out there?

don't be fooled by speed. speed is one thing and hand is one thing. Floyd fooled us by his speed but can consistently catch the ball.

From the reports, looks like the Kennedy and Massey are the fastest in rookie camp. Of the two, Kennedy has the surest hand.

don't be fooled by speed. speed is one thing and hand is one thing. Floyd fooled us by his speed but can consistently catch the ball.

From the reports, looks like the Kennedy and Massey are the fastest in rookie camp. Of the two, Kennedy has the surest hand.

I'd agree with that... but I still think Denmark has them both beat in both categories. Denmark looked the fastest at mini-camp, no question, though Massey got a lot of love because he was a new guy.

I'd agree with that... but I still think Denmark has them both beat in both categories. Denmark looked the fastest at mini-camp, no question, though Massey got a lot of love because he was a new guy.

Hopefully Denmark can take a step forward this year.

I think Denmark is going to be in tough, to be honest.

Pierce or Etienne coming for him. And yes, I seriously think Etienne has a chance.

Not to mention I. Anderson. Whom Buck made the point of singling out coming into camp as a guy he was looking for big things from.

It's a fine line between difference maker and "just a guy" and Clarence, in my opinion, is straddling it as we open camp. And on a team that only dresses three import receivers you better be a difference maker.

I think Denmark is going to be in tough, to be honest.

Pierce or Etienne coming for him. And yes, I seriously think Etienne has a chance.

Not to mention I. Anderson. Whom Buck made the point of singling out coming into camp as a guy he was looking for big things from.

It's a fine line between difference maker and "just a guy" and Clarence, in my opinion, is straddling it as we open camp. And on a team that only dresses three import receivers you better be a difference maker.

Agreed. Now that Denmark is moving to wideout, his competiton has grown exponentially. He's basically going to become the 5th option which means that the workload would drop. At some point, it might be worth weighing options with a Canadian at that #5 spot.