Who is the top receiver in free agency?

BBlink

21 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Thought he was better than Manziel I'n 20(18)?  That team was piss poor. To clear up my stance I too would rather go with Mcguire. I think Pipkin will find a job somewhere though. 

Guys like Pipkin can have long careers basically holding a clipboard while throwing less than 20 passes a year.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why?

He looked pretty good in 2018 last year he did not look so good coming off injuries.  Im looking at him as a guy that needs some development time but has some raw tools. I think he would be good as a 3rd down short yardage type of qb and if Zach suffers an injury he could serve as McGuire's backup and would already have a handle on the offense. 

The only real thing Pipkin has going for him is he’s mobile and he’s got 3 years of experience despite being 24.

Wouldn’t hate it if he got brought in to compete and to see if he could do something with a new system, but wouldn’t be thrilled at all to hear he’s our plan at QB2. 

I don't think the Bombers are going to sign any high price free agent receivers. Don't need one.

top Canuck DB maybe. Canuck D lineman maybe. Don't need much else.

Just went through losing top two Canuck O lineman, and replaced them from within, without much turbulence.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I’ve wanted Posey since he was an Argo and I know the Bombers have been in on him both times he’s been available so hopefully third time is the charm 

same here...maybe his Bro will put in a good word on the team enviro...Posey just needs to find a home and be in a system for an extended period...and he will explode

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I agree.  But probably too early to pounce on him.  I feel like a lot hinges on the status of Willie Jefferson. If he's not coming back would like to see us looking to spend up at WR1. 

We just freed up about $450,000 with Nichols release so I don't know if we have to wait on Jefferson. OTOH, if the Als or any other team was to put in a higher offer for him, we can have some flexibility to match or move on. 

I would think to that at this point, he is tired of bouncing around to teams in disarray..turmoil and being nomadic and would welcome the chance to go somewhere with a high chance of winning..a solid culture and management and have a chance at play-ff money...things that in all reality are gonna make players strongly consider WWinnipeg, and if its a 10-15k difference they may leave that on table and ign here, with good possibility of getting that money back in play-off winnings

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We just freed up about $450,000 with Nichols release so I don't know if we have to wait on Jefferson. OTOH, if the Als or any other team was to put in a higher offer for him, we can have some flexibility to match or move on. 

And gave it to Collaros….

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, could be... Didn't think of that. Lol.

Lol. But we do have Willie's $200K plus whatever they were paying Streveler, Sayles, Rose, Hecht, and Fenner. Those guys wont be back this year in all likelihood(Willie hopefully not).

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

we had cap surplus last year though as we didn't have big salary really tied into an import receiver..Speller..Desjarlais make less than Couture did..most likely Hecht..Fenner...possibly Jone's salaries are gonna be off the books...Mike Jones is less than what Rose and Sayles made...we have more than enough money even with Jefferson and Strev money put aside and temporarily accounted for

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Lol. But we do have Willie's $200K plus whatever they were paying Streveler, Sayles, Rose, Hecht, and Fenner. Those guys wont be back this year in all likelihood(Willie hopefully not).

haha....damn u...u posted that as I typed mine...