Who is the top receiver in free agency?

BBlink

Pre-Ryan RIgmaiden, I'd have said sign at least 2 high profile receivers in FA. However, with what he has unearthed for us last year, I have complete confidence he has another couple of great receiver recruits coming for camp this year. In BC he demonstrated a fantastic ability to find good receivers and after getting his feet wet here he is starting to exponentially raise the bar on our receiving recruits. I say leave it to Rigmaiden. Lawler and Bailey both look like keepers and are CFL experienced now, all we really need is one good rookie.

Use FA to target the ratio on defence, bolster our DL if need be, and keep our outstanding depth level. That is assuming that Adams returns of course.

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Pre-Ryan RIgmaiden, I'd have said sign at least 2 high profile receivers in FA. However, with what he has unearthed for us last year, I have complete confidence he has another couple of great receiver recruits coming for camp this year. In BC he demonstrated a fantastic ability to find good receivers and after getting his feet wet here he is starting to exponentially raise the bar on our receiving recruits. I say leave it to Rigmaiden. Lawler and Bailey both look like keepers and are CFL experienced now, all we really need is one good rookie.

Use FA to target the ratio on defence, bolster our DL if need be, and keep our outstanding depth level. That is assuming that Adams returns of course.

I second this. I don't know where all this Tasker love is coming from. Walker I get but it would be even better to let some young guys shine. I don't think Whitehead was used well last year. I am not a football genius but asking a little guy to break some tackles in hitch instead of letting a fast guy break open on a rub or screen or whatever the bomber terminology seemed dumb.

18 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Walters is not afraid to make big $$$ signing if needed. See Jefferson.

Money spent on the LOS is different than money spent at receiver.  I would not want to spend too much to get a big name receiver.

I don't know if I would "love" to see the Bombers go after him, but I'm indifferent. I don't believe he is a horrible QB but wouldn't want him starting for long stretches. I don't think it's out of the relm for him to come in and steal a game or two.

He's shown he can chuck the ball.

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Pipkin is a name that I've heard of before... that is about all the good I can say about him.  

I'd waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay rather go with McGuire and even Bennett if he's available before Pipkin. 

This is spot on. 

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Pipkin is a name that I've heard of before... that is about all the good I can say about him.  

I'd waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay rather go with McGuire and even Bennett if he's available before Pipkin. 

Id sooner good with McGuire and Bennett too.. McGuire is a lock to come back. But if Bennet and MBT are not an option and we are looking at Dom Davis, Jennings, Pipkin.  I'd go with the upside that Pipkin offers. 

3 hours ago, CodyT said:

I don't know if I would "love" to see the Bombers go after him, but I'm indifferent. I don't believe he is a horrible QB but wouldn't want him starting for long stretches. I don't think it's out of the relm for him to come in and steal a game or two.

He's shown he can chuck the ball.

So far he's shown the opposite.  Might be able to run the option package but doesn't have a strong or accurate arm.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Id sooner good with McGuire and Bennett too.. McGuire is a lock to come back. But if Bennet and MBT are not an option and we are looking at Dom Davis, Jennings, Pipkin.  I'd go with the upside that Pipkin offers. 

Yeah those guys or the 500 other QB's in North America looking for a job.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

There are food vendors in the stadium that have more of an upside.  Hell, in a pinch, I'm betting we could find someone in the stands who might offer about as much as Pipkin, and for a lot less money too.  But I will grant that he has one thing that seems to attract some fans, they know his name.  

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Pipkin looked terrible every time he played.  I sure as hell wouldn't want him here. Remember the fumble on the last series on the goalline in BC resulting in an Als loss. He had one job & couldn't do it.

Thought he was better than Manziel I'n 20(18)?  That team was piss poor. To clear up my stance I too would rather go with Mcguire. I think Pipkin will find a job somewhere though.