Who is the top receiver in free agency?

BBlink

Luke Tasker might be a good fit for us with the great seasons he had playing together with Zach.  I feel like we are fine at receiver this year though. The last two years we signed vets who ended up being busts.  We have found some pretty good young receivers in Lawler, Bailey, Grant, and Whitehead.  Who knows what level of talent we bring in to camp to compete. I would sooner spend money on a backup qb and a corner like Jonathan Rose. 

8 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Adams is definitely a solid receiver, great blocker, and brings some intangibles.  No doubt about that. Is he a top flight receiver still though? That's the question.

He lit up Tre "Biggest NFL deal Since Cameron Wake" Roberson pretty good in the West Semi. He's still got ability and with Zach throwing the ball Id expect him to have a good season with us. 

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2643/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-calgary-stampeders/?_ga=2.253773519.670876426.1580224305-1734309412.1579814219#videos

Watch from the 5:20 mark.  Tre is giving at least a 10 yard cushion and still gets burnt by Adams with help over the top.   Adams is a legit WR1 with Zach at the helm.

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Adams is definitely a solid receiver, great blocker, and brings some intangibles.  No doubt about that. Is he a top flight receiver still though? That's the question.

Adams has spent his entire career playing with risk adverse Matt Nichols and he's essentially been a 1000 yard receiver throughout his career. I have no doubt he is capable of bigger "#1" numbers. Hopefully he's back and we'll see what happens under Collaros/Buck.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

What have Whitehead, and especially Grant, shown as wrs so far?

I view them as guys who have the potential to develop into starters.  Assuming D Adams is back i think our starting receiving core is set. Grant, Nelson, Whitehead, and other will compete to be next man up.  I see the starting receiving core as being Demski, Lawler, Bailey, Adams, and Wolitarsky right now.  Its not an area i'd be spending cap money on. If D Adams doesn't come back that changes things a bit.  If we are going to spend on a receiver Id like to see us go after TJ Jones to potentially give us another Canadian starter. 

50 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

He lit up Tre "Biggest NFL deal Since Cameron Wake" Roberson pretty good in the West Semi. He's still got ability and with Zach throwing the ball Id expect him to have a good season with us. 

I'd like to think that Adams drove Roberson out of the league. 

Much like Whitehead...Adam's wasn't used to his full capability under Lapo, or under the guise that lapo didn't think...or believe our QB's could toss the ball.

When Collaros came in Adams looked like a totally different receiver...you could see it in his play too, as he knew he wasn't going to be relegated to just curls and outs...many a game last year you could see Admas in his routes have coverage beat, or in a spot to be thrown open for big yards, but our QB's didn't pull the trigger...was it lack of faith in themselves?..Lapo discouraging it..Or them panicking and not waiting and watching that extra second or two to let it develop? Fact of matter Zack saw him...and hit him...or made the attempt...same with a couple other receivers on longer routes..totally changed the dynamics of the offence

I think it comes down to signing Adams or someone else.... they will stick with Darvin.  

He's a super good #2 guy....  he's just not the guy I trust to make a big play in a clutch situation or a guy who can take over a game.    I hope we can sign him but then also grab someone else like Tasker...

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

Much like Whitehead...Adam's wasn't used to his full capability under Lapo, or under the guise that lapo didn't think...or believe our QB's could toss the ball.

When Collaros came in Adams looked like a totally different receiver...you could see it in his play too, as he knew he wasn't going to be relegated to just curls and outs...many a game last year you could see Admas in his routes have coverage beat, or in a spot to be thrown open for big yards, but our QB's didn't pull the trigger...was it lack of faith in themselves?..Lapo discouraging it..Or them panicking and not waiting and watching that extra second or two to let it develop? Fact of matter Zack saw him...and hit him...or made the attempt...same with a couple other receivers on longer routes..totally changed the dynamics of the offence

Wonder a bit if Nichols didn’t have shoulder issues before the Lemon hit... he used to have good chemistry with Adams deep

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I think it comes down to signing Adams or someone else.... they will stick with Darvin.  

He's a super good #2 guy....  he's just not the guy I trust to make a big play in a clutch situation or a guy who can take over a game.    I hope we can sign him but then also grab someone else like Tasker...

I mean...banjo bowl this year. Last game against Calgary, WF deep in the our own end. constant clutch 2 and long catches. Not being clutch isn't something I'd put on Adams. When given the chance he's proven he can make it happen. The one knock on him I have is, the lack of going up and getting the ball. He often doesn't win those types. I also wouldn't mind them snagging Tasker.

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

Adams is our #1 receiver and that’s coming off a LaPo driven offence. With an updated offence plan, I can see Adams getting even better numbers and flourishing.

Lets try and keep him..

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Adams is our #1 receiver and that’s coming off a LaPo driven offence. With an updated offence plan, I can see Adams getting even better numbers and flourishing.

Lets try and keep him..

Even in that dogshit Bellefeuille offense in 2015, he had 840 yards and 6 TDs. In 2016, he missed half the season with a shoulder injury. When he did play, he had just shy of 700 yards and 6 TDs (that's a torrid pace over a full season). 2017 was a monstrous season for him and that's probably the best offense we've seen on this team in ages. And despite the QB issues in 2018, he still eclipses 1,000 yards and scored 10 TDs. He's a hell of a blocker, he's got good hands, he picks up YAC yards consistently well, and his route running is solid. He's also got a bit of a nasty streak which is great for getting into opposing DBs' heads. (see: 2019 playoffs)

Adams can ball. I sure hope the team can keep him if at all possible.

If Adams isn't here...(I think we'll re-up him and he is in the group of best in the land) then I would pursue Walker....Couldn't get him last year and he went for big bucks back east BUT maybe we look a little more attractive now ,sporting a Cup win....I really like that little Tasker kid.. ..pretty reliable and a nice connection with Collaros...Failing that Lewis or Rhymes are intriguing...

Adams does disappear for games at a time ,  partially with the fault of the LaPo offense.  But he's been known to drop make-able catches when we need them. 

If we *had* to pick between a Tasker/Walker or Adams....  I'd easily take the new since they have shown that they can play at an elite level for long periods of time. 

13 minutes ago, Stickem said:

If Adams isn't here...(I think we'll re-up him and he is in the group of best in the land) then I would pursue Walker....Couldn't get him last year and he went for big bucks back east BUT maybe we look a little more attractive now ,sporting a Cup win....I really like that little Tasker kid.. ..pretty reliable and a nice connection with Collaros...Failing that Lewis or Rhymes are intriguing...

Walker made $250,000 last season, how much less is he going to accept to sign with the Bombers?  They sign Walker, they're spending Willie or Strev's money to do so.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Adams does disappear for games at a time ,  partially with the fault of the LaPo offense.  But he's been known to drop make-able catches when we need them. 

If we *had* to pick between a Tasker/Walker or Adams....  I'd easily take the new since they have shown that they can play at an elite level for long periods of time. 

He made the biggest plays in the biggest games in the biggest moments 

Tasker has played one full season...out of 7, though played in 17 games one other season..and doesn't have world beating numbers by any stretch...I see no need for him, or any way he would make us any better, he's basically a mid 70's catches a yr guy with 800 to 1000 yards and 6 or 7 TD's ...not worth the money he would want, and I think Adam's offers more

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Tasker has played one full season...out of 7, though played in 17 games one other season..and doesn't have world beating numbers by any stretch...I see no need for him, or any way he would make us any better, he's basically a mid 70's catches a yr guy with 800 to 1000 yards and 6 or 7 TD's ...not worth the money he would want, and I think Adam's offers more

Tasker is a Dressler clone, a smaller shifty receiver who can find the soft spots in the secondary and is a handy target when trying to achieve  first downs with short to medium receptions.  Not sure they really want that style of receiver after they moved away from Dressler last season.

Cant see any scenario where we sign Walker or Tasker. Just too much $$$. I'd sooner bring back Adams at much less and spend money on a quality veteran DB or two. Secondary is where the need is. Adams/Lawler/Wolly/Bailey/Demski/Whitehead works for me.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

4 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Cant see any scenario where we sign Walker or Tasker. Just too much $$$. I'd sooner bring back Adams at much less and spend money on a quality veteran DB or two. Secondary is where the need is. Adams/Lawler/Wolly/Bailey/Demski/Whitehead works for me.

Walters is not afraid to make big $$$ signing if needed. See Jefferson.

Edited by M.O.A.B.