Collaros signs 2 year deal

sweep the leg

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Except we beat nothing but garbage teams with Nichols. We got a win over Calgary that was due to Janarion Grant and a timely interception, aside from that we beat horrible teams and pissed away a huge lead against Toronto. 

Collaros (2x), Streveler and Nichols all started against Calgary and Nichols had BY FAR the worst game of the bunch. Let’s stop pretending that Nichols had anything to do with our wins. We won a Grey Cup without Nichols, which is something we never came close to achieving with him. 

The win loss record Nichols has isn't a mirage. Guy was a very good qb for this team. There is no reason to **** on what he did for this franchise. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I would have debated some of your points, but if this is your default position, that our 7-2 starting QB had nothing to do with any of our success at all, then there is really no point in trying to reason with you.

He has Skunk (Roadgriller) on his side. That tells you all you need to know. 

4 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Except we beat nothing but garbage teams with Nichols. We got a win over Calgary that was due to Janarion Grant and a timely interception, aside from that we beat horrible teams and pissed away a huge lead against Toronto. 

Collaros (2x), Streveler and Nichols all started against Calgary and Nichols had BY FAR the worst game of the bunch. Let’s stop pretending that Nichols had anything to do with our wins. We won a Grey Cup without Nichols, which is something we never came close to achieving with him. 

tenor.gif

15 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I’ll stop pretending about Nichols having to do do anything with our wins when you stop pretending you you know what you’re talking about.

God forbid someone has a different opinion than the peanut gallery on our mediocre underachieving former QB. 

Nichols is a fine backup but he’s a walking glass ceiling and his limitations became even more obvious when we put Collaros in the lineup. 

Edited by Blueandgold

I will never understand why some fans feel the need to tear down a player in order to build another one up. Nichols played good ball for us but couldn't get us over the hump and Collaros did. They played almost identical ball, but Collaros proved he can come up bigger when the team needed a play. It is complete nonsense to suggest Nichols was no good and just shows ignorance really. He helped us win a lot of games over the past several years and is a big part of the success we have had. To suggest otherwise is stupid. Collaros, when healthy, brings more intangibles to us but that doesn't diminish the fact that Nichols can execute an offence.

Nichols had games where he looked like an all-star, and he also had games where he looked like Brian Brohm's twin. He was a mixed bag. I was never sold on him being "the answer" at QB for us but I thank him for his service. I have no doubt he always gave his all. 

29 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

God forbid someone has a different opinion than the peanut gallery on our mediocre underachieving former QB. 

Nichols is a fine backup but he’s a walking glass ceiling and his limitations became even more obvious when we put Collaros in the lineup. 

Even when stats fly in the face of all your abjectly ignorant statements, you choose to double down with more mouth-breathing commentary. Your "different opinion" is based on nothing more than your bitter dislike for him, as evidenced by the vitriolic tone of your posts any time you chime. It shows an inability to be reasonable or objective, much less respectful, regarding a former player.

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Even when stats fly in the face of all your abjectly ignorant statements, you choose to double down with more mouth-breathing commentary. Your "different opinion" is based on nothing more than your bitter dislike for him, as evidenced by the vitriolic tone of your posts any time you chime. It shows an inability to be reasonable or objective, much less respectful, regarding a former player.

That’s some solid wordmanship 

I'm pretty sure no one can debate that pre injured Nichols that he was lights out.  After the first injury he dropped down a notch, and after the 2nd injury he took another significant step back.... now after a 3rd injury it gives the Blue good reason to being hesitant on throwing money at him.      If Nichols wasn't banged up and playing at the level he did when he first arrived then I don't think anyone would of fussed about giving him 500 k. 

I'd put Nichols on the same career trajectory as Travis Lulay: the injuries pile up and eventually you settle for backup status. If you compare Lulay's CFL stats to Nichols they're pretty similar. Both had multiple seasons where they missed a bunch of games due to injury. To me, Lulay was more mobile and effective with his feet and showed better escapability.  Nichols TD to INT percentage looks to be slightly better, after all he is the Game Manager. But the comparison is pretty close. Suggests Nichols may have 2 more years in the CFL, depending on whether he can throw the ball at this level following his shoulder injury:

https://www.cfl.ca/players/travis-lulay/114942/

https://www.cfl.ca/players/matt-nichols/157693/

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Collaros who had mediocre stats and rode a defense playing at ridiculous levels? 

Sounds a lot like the way Nichols did things here... 

**** off with the hating.

On 2020-02-04 at 4:49 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Love how everyone who complains about the dysfunctional offence pretends it had to do with the LaPo system and Nichols checkdowns and ignores the fact that Streveler taking over the controls coincides with the decrease in production (and wins).

Yes, I wonder why Nichols keeps turning down those NFL opportunities.

8 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I will never understand why some fans feel the need to tear down a player in order to build another one up. Nichols played good ball for us but couldn't get us over the hump and Collaros did. They played almost identical ball, but Collaros proved he can come up bigger when the team needed a play. It is complete nonsense to suggest Nichols was no good and just shows ignorance really. He helped us win a lot of games over the past several years and is a big part of the success we have had. To suggest otherwise is stupid. Collaros, when healthy, brings more intangibles to us but that doesn't diminish the fact that Nichols can execute an offence.

Yes, I loved when Nichols made plays like this ...

Strev1.gif

and this ...

Zach-Adams1.gif

Oh wait ... 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if this topic will ever die on here, or if 15 years from now some young fan will be new on here and thinking WTF are these old people talking about?

Newsflash: it’s already died with 99% of posters. 3 zealots don’t make a fan base.