Collaros signs 2 year deal

sweep the leg

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

If Streveler goes to the NFL we NEED Nichols as well. Collaros/McGuire is flushing our season down the toilet imo.

No, this is a crazy hot take.....it's definitely not that bad, and is likely what we're looking at for this year. I want Nichols back, too, but it's not the death-throes if McGuire has to play at some point...

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

No, this is a crazy hot take.....it's definitely not that bad, and is likely what we're looking at for this year. I want Nichols back, too, but it's not the death-throes if McGuire has to play at some point...

I like McGuire's potential but he is just too inexperienced to give us a legit chance of winning consistently when the inevitable happens to Collaros. If it was just a game or two here or there I'd be fine with McGuire, but I honestly believe that ZC will miss at least half the season.

Edited by GCn20

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I doubt there's enough room in the QB budget to for Collaros @ $500K plus Nichols.

You are probably right....but it's what we need. That, or another experienced QB, to come our way. Irving says Strev is going to the NFL....so (vomit) let's hope MBT is available.

Edited by GCn20

Most likely Zack is gonna pull in 300k in hard money...with ability to max at 450 to 500k...which generally for a legit number 1 is pretty damn good...No way he is getting guaranteed 400+...not from anyone and he knows it...he stays upright and plays full year....I would bet there is an escalator in his deal for 2021

As for Strev having an imminent NFL deal...believe it when i read it, but good luck to him if he gets it, but I bet he's back by labour day unless he lands in an ideal spot and get to be rostered...cause if he id PR material he would make more in CFL...none the less Mcguire can serve a similar tandem to what Collaros and Strev di, with possibly better rerwards as McGuire is a much more polished passer...

As well Adams and Zack have history going back to T.O and showed instant chemistry last year, so bringing him back as the #2 reciever is nothing but positive..the corp needs his leadership

Wow hefty price... I guess this does mean the end of Nichols.   *If*  Ottawa signs Arbuckle .....  and *if* Toronto sticks with MBT....    where does Nichols fit in across the league?  Backup in Montreal/ Saskatchewan?

Also.... how will Zach's wife survive being a teacher in Manitoba... who on here said that her job was a deal breaker in coming back :D:D:D

Edited by Brandon

We basically traded Nichols and a 1st for Collaros. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I liked the idea of getting a Grey Cup out of Collaros, thanking him for his contribution, and then moving on to somebody brand new.

Hopefully he turns out like Sidney Crosby, who put his concussion issues behind him and resumed a great career. At his best, there's not much question he's better than Nichols. I hope we get that Collaros. I think playing behind a better OL will make him look better than he did in Regina.

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

We basically traded Nichols and a 1st for Collaros. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I liked the idea of getting a Grey Cup out of Collaros, thanking him for his contribution, and then moving on to somebody brand new.

Hopefully he turns out like Sidney Crosby, who put his concussion issues behind him and resumed a great career. At his best, there's not much question he's better than Nichols. I hope we get that Collaros. I think playing behind a better OL will make him look better than he did in Regina.

Toronto did not get Nichols?   The trade is a 1st rounder for Collaros and a Grey Cup.....     We made out like bandits with that trade!  I'll trade a 1st rounder for a starting QB + Grey Cup any day.