Who should coach the Jets?

Who should coach the Jets?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who should coach the Jets?

• Maurice - did the Titanic change captains?
    • Gallant - ex of Vegas
    • Babcock - ex of Leafs
    • Carlyle - ex Ducks/Moose coach
    • In-House coach - Vincent or Huddy or Kompon
    • Someone Else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2020-01-30 at 10:08 AM

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

Is Arniel available?

In the off season he would be. He's an assistant coach with the Capitals now. 

He has a connection with Chicago, having coached the Wolves, and so, has a connection with Chevy. 

Of course, he has a connection with True North, as well. 

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I hope if they make a change they hire the best available, the person that can best bring us a cup and not the guy that is Chevy's or Mark's buddy...lol  We likely were this close to getting Randy here except he was fired after Jets hired Maurice.

I don't think they're buddies with Scott, just that they know him and know what he brings to the table. That may or may not fit with this group and their vision. 

As the roster is made up at the moment  a new coach won't change the fortunes of this team, Chevy saddled Maurice with an AHL D and the Buff situation sealed it's fate, even though the team had some success in the first part of the season without Bucky standing on his head game in game out the team gets exposed defensively, still if the Jets don't make the playoffs and that's starting to look like it Maurice needs to go, actually the whole coaching staff needs to go, as he has probably taken this team as far as he can.

4 hours ago, JCon said:

In the off season he would be. He's an assistant coach with the Capitals now. 

He has a connection with Chicago, having coached the Wolves, and so, has a connection with Chevy. 

Of course, he has a connection with True North, as well. 

well I suggested him mostly because of his coaching track record with the moose

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The fact the Jets are even in the hunt right now considering their off-season losses is pretty impressive. Or do you want to blame Maurice for that?

Regardless of who they lost, do you believe the system that is in place is a winning one? I can understand not having the most effective defense, given who's on the line, but shouldn't they have structure? I feel like even the forwards look lost defensively. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Regardless of who they lost, do you believe the system that is in place is a winning one? I can understand not having the most effective defense, given who's on the line, but shouldn't they have structure? I feel like even the forwards look lost defensively. 

I think it all starts from the blue line out. Had they not incurred the losses there, I'd hazard a guess they're a stronger team right now. That being said, the system is what it is. It's proven to be effective more often than not but it needs the right pieces and buy in from the players on the ice, the leaders in particular. I think the forwards look lost at times because the blue line for the most part is substandard at best. As a result, their possession stinks, their puck movement stinks, the special teams stink. Until those deficiencies on defense are addressed, the Jets will continue to struggle as a middle-of-the-pack/lower tier team.

A coach can only do so much with the talent he is given.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I think it all starts from the blue line out. Had they not incurred the losses there, I'd hazard a guess they're a stronger team right now. That being said, the system is what it is. It's proven to be effective more often than not but it needs the right pieces and buy in from the players on the ice, the leaders in particular. I think the forwards look lost at times because the blue line for the most part is substandard at best. As a result, their possession stinks, their puck movement stinks, the special teams stink. Until those deficiencies on defense are addressed, the Jets will continue to struggle as a middle-of-the-pack/lower tier team.

A coach can only do so much with the talent he is given.

And I agree to an extent; however, these are professional players that are capable of following a system. They look lost and that's on the coaching staff.

A player of lesser skill and ability will get beat, will not be able to keep up, etc., but they shouldn't be way out of position and confused when they get the puck.

Thankfully, Helle has been Vezina calibre this year. 

56 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The fact the Jets are even in the hunt right now considering their off-season losses is pretty impressive. Or do you want to blame Maurice for that?

Yep i will, we have the same weaknesses that we had last year with our defensive positional play and our PK is also weak again..that's on the  coach but hey if your happy with this same system than more power to you, not even gonna look at our pp. BTW if Helle had not been all world this year we would be a bottom feeder this year ....