Bombers Unveil Offensive Coaching Staff

bearpants

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Mr. Pierce was interviewed on 1290 this afternoon, and, to be charitable, the team should limit such in the future. A third of his statements were "Y'know"s and the rest was peppered with hoary cliches. I hope he does better in communicating with his charges.

You know that he's got speech problems right? A thing that was well documented while he was QB. Things that go back to before he was a football player....he's come a long way, but still has issues with speech. It's gonna happen.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You know that he's got speech problems right? A thing that was well documented while he was QB. Things that go back to before he was a football player....he's come a long way, but still has issues with speech. It's gonna happen.

His interview performance had nothing to do with any speech impediments. The "y'know" thingie shows up in a lot of interviews and doesn't do the interviewee justice.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

His interview performance had nothing to do with any speech impediments. The "y'know" thingie shows up in a lot of interviews and doesn't do the interviewee justice.

It definitely has something to do with it....these are the same issues he had going back to when he first came to Winnipeg. He has a hard time articulating his thoughts....always has. There were a lot of people who blamed it on concussion symptoms, but he's said it's something that's always been a problem with him. 

this was all widely discussed when Buck was QB here...a lot of people have it. Information travelling from the brain to the mouth doesn't always work properly for people. The ideas are all there in your head, but actually articulating them can be really difficult and I remember them talking about it a lot when he was QB. 

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

People still want Hall gone?

after that playoff run defensive team performance?

ridiculous.

Not to say I want Hall gone, but I think there's still questions about who was responsible for that playoff run.....and that's fair. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Mr. Pierce was interviewed on 1290 this afternoon, and, to be charitable, the team should limit such in the future. A third of his statements were "Y'know"s and the rest was peppered with hoary cliches. I hope he does better in communicating with his charges.

Even with the speech issues, I always enjoyed Buck's call-in show on CJOB with Bob Irving.  I never listen to O'Shea's call in show, as that was just too boring.

6 hours ago, Tracker said:

wait wait you're telling me a pro athlete or coach talked to the media in empty cliches?  And on a Mike O'Shea team no less?  Inconceivable!

Dude had a radio show in 2010ish when he was the starter and it was clear then that he was never gonna be a Jeremy Roenick quote machine but I recall he did a real fine job handling the call-in yahoos, especially when the team wasn't playing well.  And I think that after a career of high-level play as a starting QB and a promising start in coaching, it's safe to say that he's figured out how to talk to football people.

Edited by johnzo

Who cares about how he speaks?  Frigg did anyone listen to Willie Jefferson interviews.... every two seconds he had a long  ugggggggggggggggggghhhhh and uggggggggggggghhhhh but the guy could play and it wasn't like he was completely brain dead on the field. 

Lets give Buck the benefit of the doubt,   judge the guy if he calls shitty plays and if the team runs a vanilla offense.... don't judge him because he's a crappy interview.

19 hours ago, Mike said:

This seems kind of ridiculous. We allowed what, an average of 14 points a game in the playoffs? I'll take my chances with a guy like that.

I agree. Love him or hate him, if he has the horses he's as good as anyone particularly in the playoffs.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just the female ones who call in after your team just lost 45-0 & is in the midst of a 4 game losing streak saying we should get behind our boys & cheer them on to victory.

I prefer the older guys who reference someone from the 70s/80s and thinks that the starting qb and head coach should be canned because of losing one game.   They then reference other team players/coaches usually pronouncing the names completely wrong and says that they are elite and ones that we should get.... 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I prefer the older guys who reference someone from the 70s/80s and thinks that the starting qb and head coach should be canned because of losing one game.   They then reference other team players/coaches usually pronouncing the names completely wrong and says that they are elite and ones that we should get.... 

^^ Winner.