Game 46 vs Nashville

iHeart

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nothing to do with Maurice....any firing would be strictly a "do something for the sake of doing something" move. The talent isn't there for this team to be any better than they are. They're rebuilding for sure...

Completely agree... if anything Maurice is getting more out of this team then many others would.  

I also dont fault Chevy.... it's not his fault that Buff really screwed them over.   Had we the extra cap space... we would of been able to retain Myers and picked up another guy on D to help with the depth.   

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Completely agree... if anything Maurice is getting more out of this team then many others would.  

I also dont fault Chevy.... it's not his fault that Buff really screwed them over.   Had we the extra cap space... we would of been able to retain Myers and picked up another guy on D to help with the depth.   

Chevy gets 90% of blame for me - already discussed. Myers was horrible down the stretch last year and like Tanev and Chiarot was not interested in coming back. I also don't think Myers was high on their list. It was Poolman/Niku time.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Nothing to do with Maurice....any firing would be strictly a "do something for the sake of doing something" move. The talent isn't there for this team to be any better than they are. They're rebuilding for sure...

I can't see how it has nothing to do with Maurice.  Are we thin on D?  Absolutely, but there are issues with this team that have been around long before our defense was depleted.  I don't have the time or energy to get into them now, but they've been well documented on this site and others.

49 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Chevy gets 90% of blame for me - already discussed. Myers was horrible down the stretch last year and like Tanev and Chiarot was not interested in coming back. I also don't think Myers was high on their list. It was Poolman/Niku time.

I'd add Trouba to the equation as well. The Byfuglien situation was unexpected but Cheveldayoff seemed to stand pat after watching half the blue line go elsewhere during the off-season. Bitetto, Sbisa, and Beaulieu are journeymen at best. Poolman is not a top pairing defenseman. Niku looks out of sorts (he was brutal yesterday) and I'm not sure what to think of him at this point. The only new addition contributing positively is Pionk, IMO.

Sure, the forwards need to play smarter away from the puck and it's on the coaches to ensure they do, but that doesn't necessarily excuse a GM for mismanaging his blue line. It certainly isn't like he didn't see it coming.

6 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'd add Trouba to the equation as well. The Byfuglien situation was unexpected but Cheveldayoff seemed to stand pat after watching half the blue line go elsewhere during the off-season. Bitetto, Sbisa, and Beaulieu are journeymen at best. Poolman is not a top pairing defenseman. Niku looks out of sorts (he was brutal yesterday) and I'm not sure what to think of him at this point. The only new addition contributing positively is Pionk, IMO.

Sure, the forwards need to play smarter away from the puck and it's on the coaches to ensure they do, but that doesn't necessarily excuse a GM for mismanaging his blue line. It certainly isn't like he didn't see it coming.

Chevy has/had no cap space to buy good d-men though.   Had Buff said he retired or quit... they could at least have the 7 million or whatever he makes to go out and buy some guys.   When you're up against the cap you can only afford journeymen defense.....  

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

Chevy has/had no cap space to buy good d-men though.   Had Buff said he retired or quit... they could at least have the 7 million or whatever he makes to go out and buy some guys.   When you're up against the cap you can only afford journeymen defense.....  

Whose responsibility is it to manage the cap again?

47 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Whose responsibility is it to manage the cap again?

He has managed the cap masterfully... it's not his fault that his all star D-man walked out of the team and tied up the money.   

I guarantee that people would of cried or asked for Chevy's head if he were to free up salary by unloading Laine , Connor or Ehlers in the off season.   It's like it's Chevy's fault that he drafted to many high quality forwards and that his star d-man walked on the team.    

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He has managed the cap masterfully... it's not his fault that his all star D-man walked out of the team and tied up the money.   

Masterfully...? Nah. This goes beyond Laine, Connor, and Ehlers, anyway. Little's contract, Perreault's contract, Kulikov's contract, and perhaps even Wheeler's contract have hindered Cheveldayoff's ability to maintain a balanced roster. 

The Byfuglien situation hasn't helped anything but that is not the only thing holding this team back at present. 

21 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Masterfully...? Nah. This goes beyond Laine, Connor, and Ehlers, anyway. Little's contract, Perreault's contract, Kulikov's contract, and perhaps even Wheeler's contract have hindered Cheveldayoff's ability to maintain a balanced roster. 

The Byfuglien situation hasn't helped anything but that is not the only thing holding this team back at present. 

Maurice is also whether ppl accept it or not. The fact is since January of last season we have not been very good, that was with Buff Trouba Myers.. Take them away and we still have similar stats, bottom of the league in lots of categories.. This isnt just a this season thing. This is a since losing to Vegas thing.

20 hours ago, Goalie said:

Maurice is also whether ppl accept it or not. The fact is since January of last season we have not been very good, that was with Buff Trouba Myers.. Take them away and we still have similar stats, bottom of the league in lots of categories.. This isnt just a this season thing. This is a since losing to Vegas thing.

Nobody said Maurice isn't partly to blame for the team's struggles. Of course you can't be bothered to post any statistics whatsoever to back up your claims... Same as always.

And what do you mean since losing to Vegas? Losing in the 2018 WCF...? That was nearly two years ago. This team struggled after the 2019 All-Star Break and has struggled for the bulk of this season save November. That falls at the feet of management, coaching, and the players. They all get to share the blame.

I know all you want to do is **** on Maurice, Wheeler, and Scheifele, but FFS, look at the entire picture.

Edited by blue_gold_84