CFL News Conference in Montreal This Morning

SpeedFlex27

Danny Maciocia maybe?  He was offered the president's job back in 2016 but turned it down (essentially saying his vision for the club didn't line-up with the Wetenhall's) but maybe he'll accept under new ownership.  He also recently said he would listen if Wally called about the GM job so it would seem he does have an interest in returning to the CFL.

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

He actually meant to say Rider's I believe....small slip up but forgivable

No, he meant the Argos. I'm sure being in the steel industry, Stern is from Hamilton. That was such a Hamilton response & it was an hilarious moment. Randy Ambrosie just about fell out of his chair when he heard that.  Stern - "Can I say that?"  Ambrosie - "You just did!!"

Stern was asked about Percival Molson Stadium & if the new ownership would commit to building a new stadium. He answered that he would concentrate on getting the fans back in the stands & then once the team is profitable look at building a new facility. No mention was made of the Als moving to a new baseball stadium if Montreal gets a MLB team back.   

Stern said that they would be "patient owners". That is, they will hire the right football people & put them into place & pay them to make football decisions. They will not be involved in the day to day football or business operations of the team. They may give advice from time to time but they will leave decision making to the people they hire. 

Bob Young was in attendance but at the back of the room out of sight. Stern paid tribute to Young saying he helped he & Spiegel through the purchase of the Als as well as calming him down this morning as he was extremely nervous as he is not a public speaker. he then asked Bob if the Als could have their draft picks back which got a rise out of those in the room in referencing the one sided trade that sent Johnny Manziel &  3 first round picks to the Als last year. 

They got involved in discussions with the league 3 1/2 weeks ago. This has been a fast process, said Stern. Ambrosie then explained that there was delay in the sale because the business groups he met for the most part were under financed. Or the principles of who were involved would change from meeting to meeting. With Spiegel & Stern they've been business partners for 42 years so the dynamic won't change. Stern said the team is well funded & money is not an issue. Ambrosie said they met with 7 to 10 groups wanting to buy the Alouettes. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

What is it with Randy Ambrosie & scarves? Is this some kind of fashion statement? My wife wears scarves all the time. Even at her office at work. Perhaps Randy is working on the feminine side of his manhood here. Is this similar to Brian Burke being too lazy or forgetting how to tie his tie so he just wears it loosely around his neck?

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What is it with Randy Ambrosie & scarves? Is this some kind of fashion statement? My wife wears scarves all the time. Even at her office at work. Perhaps Randy is working on the feminine side of his manhood here. Is this similar to Brian Burke being too lazy or forgetting how to tie his tie so he just wears it loosely around his neck?

Image result for who the hell cares gif"

I know you despise him but this is some next level pettiness from you.

34 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Somebody needs to be able to speak French in order to be able to help sell tickets to the French people..... . I have family there lol.

Having a successful on field product is the best sales tool. Excuses for failure in French doesn’t cut it.

I have an uncle who was a professor at McGill for awhile, and told me that while the Habs were bigger among Francophone-Quebecers, the Als were bigger among the Anglophones with a smaller Francophone fanbase...