The RIP 2020 Thread

iHeart

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have a facebook friend who just said he was a rapist & there's no way he's celebrating his death or feeling sadness. There is just no discussing it with him as he won't listen & just hates the guy. 

Sexual assault case no doubt is his reason.

Sports fans be forgiving all the time for druggies, rapists.

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to celebrate his death that's weird.   

On the same hand every day innocent people are taken to early... I don't see why Kobe's death is so much more sad then your average person.  

The scope of the tragedy,his daughter as well as another girl being killed. And he was an icon. I am old enough to remember Martin Luther King & RFK's asassinations. Within 2 months of each other. Things went absolutely crazy. There was grief, despair, anger & violence. Riots in the streets of American cities where the phrase long, hot summer was coined. 

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The scope of the tragedy,his daughter as well as another girl being killed. And he was an icon. I am old enough to remember Martin Luther King & RFK's asassinations. Within 2 months of each other. Things went absolutely crazy. There was grief, despair, anger & violence. Riots in the streets of American cities where the phrase long, hot summer was coined. 

The scope is minuscule compared to so many other tragedies that happen across the world.  I just don't see why a rich famous person is more sad or bigger news then 100's of poor people dying in China?

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The scope is minuscule compared to so many other tragedies that happen across the world.  I just don't see why a rich famous person is more sad or bigger news then 100's of poor people dying in China?

We don't know the people in China dying. Or the person who dies in a car accident, disease or is murdered. We knew who Kobe Bryant was. He wasn't faceless & he had a name.  We know what he accomplished on the BBall court during his Laker career. Some fans had a very close affinity with Kobe despite never meeting him. His death affected a lot of people so therefore it's newsworthy. If you don't get that then there's nothing more I can say to explain it.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We don't know the people in China dying. Or the person who dies in a car accident, disease or is murdered. We knew who Kobe Bryant was. He wasn't faceless & he had a name.  We know what he accomplished on the BBall court during his Laker career. Some fans had a very close affinity with Kobe despite never meeting him. His death affected a lot of people so therefore it's newsworthy. If you don't get that then there's nothing more I can say to explain it.

And this is why I think it's tragic that the media and people ignore all the faceless people who are taken way to early.