Do You Use Chat?

Rich

Chat  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use or care about chat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I've noticed over time, the game day chat is used less and less.   There is an expense to renew it every year and it is coming due in January, it isn't super expensive, but if people are no longer interested in using it, I would probably let it lapse.

If there is enough interest, I have no problem renewing, but thought I would check to see the level of interest that is out there. 

21 minutes ago, johnzo said:

yeah, the chat isn't fun to use during games, whenever the Bombers suffer any minor reversal it's the ******* end of the world for some, which gets tiresome.

If the chat had an ignore feature I'd use chat more.  I tried to implement my own a few years back, but stalled out on it.

The GDT isn't any better for overly dramatic histrionics when the team is losing (take a gander at the WSF thread and you'd swear the entire front office was going to be blown up at halftime - good for a laugh), but why pay more for chat when the GDT serves the exact same purpose. I would not miss it if it were gone, but I leave the decision to the site runners.

the worst thing that ever happened to this site, was Jets fans who aren't Bombers fans found the site to use the chat function during Jets games and stuck around to use the site as a secondary Jets board. Ugh....that's when the chat really went to hell. It was really great at one time.

chat is more fun, but needs moderation, which is difficult.

If there was a block, or ignore feature, that would eliminate the problem.

The people that were on for Jets discussion during a Bomber game seemed to be oblivious to the fact that people didn't want to talk Jets, and continued with it no matter what.

annoying.

Edited by Mark F

Let me add my voice to the Jets fans that come on chat during Bomber games. Nothing is more annoying than having someone constantly talk hockey during a Bomber game. Or they're tired & going to bed.  Even when they were asked to stop... they didn't. I don't know if that's the sole reason for chat to decline the way it did but I know it contributed to its demise. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, Mark F said:

chat is more fun, but needs moderation, which is difficult.

If there was a block, or ignore feature, that would eliminate the problem.

The people that were on for Jets discussion during a Bomber game seemed to be oblivious to the fact that people didn't want to talk Jets, and continued with it no matter what.

annoying.

There is always an ignore feature - it's called your own common sense and your brain. Seriously, how impossible is it to disregard someone's comments that you need a machine to do the editing for you?

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I tried it early on, but it turned out to be the same as the GDT. Just the same people whining about other people's opinions of what they were seeing in real time. The 'those guys ruined it' crowd ruined it for me.

This actually makes a lot of sense.... 

The only issue I see with a Discord is that in some other boards I read it took away a lot of posts from the boards and people just littered the main channel with everything.   

That being said it would be hilarious to listen to people crap on each other during the game day broadcasts... 

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

There is always an ignore feature - it's called your own common sense and your brain. Seriously, how impossible is it to disregard someone's comments that you need a machine to do the editing for you?

Don't recall seeing you in the chat.

Edited by Mark F