Game 34 vs Carolina

iHeart

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

Carolina is just a much, much better team. Way more talent overall. I've been saying for most of this season, the Jets are over-achieving on the backs of Hellebuyck and Maurice...

Maurice? The PP and PK are a mess. Im not the biggest fan of Maurice but I'm not sure what hes done besides forced to play Wheeler at Center cuz of injury. I honestly am more concerned that they dont show up in first periods and have a losing record against the 3 worst teams in the league. 

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Jets are 7-7-1 against teams currently in a playoff position.

Surprised the worse +/- last night was only -2 for Pionk.

They have only beaten 1 team in the top 10 tho... Dallas at the time. If the Jets make the playoffs, not convinced at all here, dont think Helle standing on his head is sustainable.. They are done in 4 or 5 games. Helle could steal one. Colorado owned us, Carolina exposed us.. I said a while ago to enjoy this while it lasts cuz it likely wont last much longer. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2019-12-18 at 10:21 AM, Noeller said:

Carolina is just a much, much better team. Way more talent overall. I've been saying for most of this season, the Jets are over-achieving on the backs of Hellebuyck and Maurice...

The Jets top 9 compares to anyone in the league.  Very frustrating that this coaching staff cannot put together a PP and get the buy-in necessary from a guy like Wheeler to roll out their best and just let them dominate with movement, both puck and players.  To me this is a noticeable difference between a good coach and a mediocre one.  See what Tippett does with the Oilers.  That is a team lacking depth but they are right in the thick of things due to special teams.  The Jets are likely to fall off a cliff if Hellebucyk has a couple bad weeks because their special teams are so inconsistent and even with Hellebucyk around .930 we have the second worst PK in the league.  Jets get their PP up 8-10% that's enough goals that they'd probably have another 5-6 wins on the season, the difference between being a 90 point team and a 100 point team, and probably a playoff spot.