O'Shea and Walters Re-Sign

Noeller

53 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Depending on the package coming back and how Huffer feels about Arbuckle, I could see Calgary trading BLM to Toronto or Ottawa. *

* This post is 100% the opinion of RebusRankin. You are free to agree or disagree.

What is an opinion... really.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

What does that mean?

Sure as **** wasn't me. 

Look I wasn’t pointing to anyone on the board. However, when the esks picked up Harris it was mentioned that the esks were instant contenders now that they have a capable starting QB.  

My point was that a grey cup winning team needs more than a “star” QB.  It’s been shown before that a highly touted free agent QB goes to a struggling team and it doesn’t always lead to instant or long term success.    

16 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Look I wasn’t pointing to anyone on the board. However, when the esks picked up Harris it was mentioned that the esks were instant contenders now that they have a capable starting QB.  

My point was that a grey cup winning team needs more than a “star” QB.  It’s been shown before that a highly touted free agent QB goes to a struggling team and it doesn’t always lead to instant or long term success.    

Fair enough. And, TSN1290 were saying that Esks were the team to beat with him and their other FA signings. 

That said, BLM alone can't win a championship but the Argos, every few years, seem to put together a team that wins it all. Ray did and I feel if BLM went there, he would do it too (twice). 

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't see them moving on from BLM,  maybe if Arbuckle plays more this season with the same success do they then make the switch.   To risky to move on from him now.

Problem is they're gonna lose Arbuckle. He's FA and wants to start. Other teams believe he can... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Problem is they're gonna lose Arbuckle. He's FA and wants to start. Other teams believe he can... 

What's riskier...   guy who played a few real good games and declined as teams had more film on him.....  or perennial all star and former MOP.   It's not like BLM looked completely done.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm sure the Stamps will be fine without Arbuckle and I'd be willing to bet BLM plays at least another 5 years for them.  Franklin wouldn't be the worst backup they could find to replace Arbuckle.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm sure the Stamps will be fine without Arbuckle and I'd be willing to bet BLM plays at least another 5 years for them.  Franklin wouldn't be the worst backup they could find to replace Arbuckle.

BLM will be back.  I remember when when Ray was supposed to be on the decline, before him it was Calvillo.

I mean, if Reilly didn't die this year, then anything's possible. 

19 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I actually recall most people around here saying that Edm got worse last off season... going from Reilly to Harris...

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I actually recall most people around here saying that Edm got worse last off season... going from Reilly to Harris...

Harris played his best football and was comparable to a down MR in a poor offense. Head to head I would take Reilly over harris and its not even close. 

Harris is still a guy that struggles to find the end zone especially when you need a score and much like Henry burris his turn overs come at bad times. 

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

BLM will be back.  I remember when when Ray was supposed to be on the decline, before him it was Calvillo.

I mean, if Reilly didn't die this year, then anything's possible. 

The biggest difference in those situation is calgary has made a dynasty out of dumping players at the right time and going young. Next man up. And calgary has a starter on the bench behind blm right now. Dont know if they will pull the plug on BLM or not, but I would. 

23 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I wonder if BLM is still the better QB?  It may be the injury but BLM just didn’t look right this year.

I know a few hardcore fans of the Stamps that were upset that they didn't sit BLM in the WSF when he couldn't do anything on the field in favor of Arbuckle. Not saying anything would have changed anything in the game but if the fans can see it I have to think that the management can too. Now I realize that this is not an entire fan base calling for Arbuckle to be the QB1 but the thought is a least present and I don't disagree with BFFC on this at all. I could absolutely see the team moving in a different direction from BLM if they can get some real good assets in return and dump that huge salary. The word around the league is the massive mistakes that were made by paying so much money to MR and BLM have to be fixed. They want to re-establish the market on QB salaries before things get out of control and they start losing more good players at other positions to other leagues because teams can't afford to pay at other positions due to the QB spend and how much of the cap it will command. I believe it was Farhan Lalji who was speaking on this. Now I can't stand that Bomber hating son of a gun but he does seem to have some good connections for information in the league. Anywho... carry on.... 

Edited by Firekid

14 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm sure the Stamps will be fine without Arbuckle

Arbuckle is completely unproven, he played with the best receivers in the league, and a good O line, and a good coach.

The excitement over Arbuckle reminds me of the hype for Franklin when he was supposed to be the next great QB.

any team rolling the dice and going all in on Arbuckle are taking a big chance...he hasn't proven anything more than any of Franklin..Jennings..Strev,..even Fajardo....I truley think Sask is gonna see a big regression there, and no real upside..He is what he is at this point and caught some teams off-guard...he's not top echelon by any means 

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Arbuckle is completely unproven, he played with the best receivers in the league, and a good O line, and a good coach.

The excitement over Arbuckle reminds me of the hype for Franklin when he was supposed to be the next great QB.

You might be right...but at what point do the Bombers move on from their older and injured QB's like Nichols and Collaros and go with the younger guy? I am not saying they should...but I'm guessing it's at least in their thought processes.

15 minutes ago, Mark F said:

All very true; however, for Calgary, if they kept him, he would be plugging into their system, which he knows. If he goes to the Argos, as I think he will, he'll be into similar system but with a whole new crop of players and coaches. 

21 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I personally thought Edmonton would be right up their with us and Calgary this season. I also thought Sask would be on the outside staring up at the three of us.

36 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I personally thought Edmonton would be right up their with us and Calgary this season. I also thought Sask would be on the outside staring up at the three of us.

Several years  now the esks have been offseason titans and failed to live up to it in the regular season. Something there makes them less than the sum of their parts.

6 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

His contract is also  handcuffing the team as well. He’s making in the $600k range which restricts the team in making  plays on the higher priced free agents.  

Thats kinda true, But I dont think 50-100k difference from him to harris is that big. The REAL hand cuffs in BC is ed hervey.  

This off season i feel like you can easily roll the dice on 2 good qbs for that total. Player to player id take MR, factor in deals and I would rather get 2 Fas then go with harris. 

On ‎2019‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 3:07 PM, B-F-F-C said:

If QB is your need then it can help out immensely. Comparing Edmonton is not an apt comparison. Harris was not making them better at QB because they had Reilly the year before. Also, QB was never Edmonton's problem, it was defence and poor discipline.

20 hours ago, Booch said:

any team rolling the dice and going all in on Arbuckle are taking a big chance...he hasn't proven anything more than any of Franklin..Jennings..Strev,..even Fajardo....I truley think Sask is gonna see a big regression there, and no real upside..He is what he is at this point and caught some teams off-guard...he's not top echelon by any means 

His stats are much much better than any of those guys...  I'm pretty sure he follows Dinwiddie to Toronto though