O'Shea and Walters Re-Sign

Noeller

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah when you go into the playoffs and have to beat the 3 best records in the league on the road it isn't a fluke or luck. 

Not that the Riders record was truly indicative of their level, but still. Hardest possible path to a grey cup and the bombers aced it.

Technically, we were the home team for the Grey Cup, but I digress.

Just now, Geebrr said:

The Riders were by far the worst team we played in the playoffs.

They had no business even being in that game 

Just now, Noeller said:

One of the most overrated teams I can ever remember in the CFL... 

Yeah we actually played a sub par game in that one of the three playoff ones..yet still won..that's the beauty of it

Tho Rider faithfull keep throwing out this notion they were the only team to solve the Streveler factor..which is funny in itself..sure I guess you can say that..but forgot to solve the constant deep shot problem the QB's took at will on them I guess..maybe have a well rounded team capable of total defense 

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That was the closest game we had out of the play-offs. As much as I like to throw shade at riders (believe me- I LOVE to throw shade at them), they played us pretty close and were effective at limiting our offense. 

But they lost and we won- that is really the only thing that matters  :)

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That was the closest game we had out of the play-offs. As much as I like to throw shade at riders (believe me- I LOVE to throw shade at them), they played us pretty close and were effective at limiting our offense. 

we played like **** in that game...as Booch alluded to, we played by far our worst game there and still came out with the win. That Riders team was dog ****...

26 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I'd agree with you but also add that that was the toughest game for the Bombers... that was probably more just the Bombers being off than the riders being great... but still, this Bombers team absolutely dismantled Calgary and Hamilton and struggled against Sask...

22 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

They got to play us 4 times and with 2 weeks to get ready in the West Final.

They didn't deserve to even be in that position. 

I don't think Sask was that far behind Calgary this year as far as overall talent. But they were fortunate enough this year in several different ways to get the home playoff game. Their luck ran out against us (though it was almost looking like it wasn't). 

If we play them at home we would have annihilated them in the Western Final.

This team won the Grey Cup the hard way this year. Hopefully next year we can finally win the West and make it a lot easier on ourselves

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'd agree with you but also add that that was the toughest game for the Bombers... that was probably more just the Bombers being off than the riders being great... but still, this Bombers team absolutely dismantled Calgary and Hamilton and struggled against Sask...

Just re-watched the WSF last night and the first half was certainly "iffy" for the Bombers, the O couldn't get much going and it looked like the Stamps were moving forward towards the inevitable victory.  It wasn't until the second half that the tide turned and the Bomber team as a whole began to roll while the Stamps unwound.

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Not sure about the Bombers, but damn it was the toughest game for us fans. The other two were far more relaxing to watch.

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I don't think Sask was that far behind Calgary this year as far as overall talent. But they were fortunate enough this year in several different ways to get the home playoff game. Their luck ran out against us (though it was almost looking like it wasn't). 

If we play them at home we would have annihilated them in the Western Final.

This team won the Grey Cup the hard way this year. Hopefully next year we can finally win the West and make it a lot easier on ourselves

The Riders may or may not be close to the Stamps in talent level, that's debatable.  What's undeniable is they have not reached the level were they can beat the Stamps regularity.   If they want to claim superiority over the Stamps winning head-to-head match ups is a hurdle they have to overcome.

32 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

True! However, they also tried to get Bennett to mimic Streveler as a backup QB in short yardage AND they somewhat successfully executed that punt return (thanks again Gauthier for that touchdown-saving tackle) that we had burnt them on a few years ago with Leggett (2017 Banjo Bowl).

'Riders say they hate us and we're scum etc. etc. .... but not only did they lose that game, they lost it by trying to BE US. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Which, somehow makes it even more embarrassing for them. How unfortunate!

46 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The Riders may or may not be close to the Stamps in talent level, that's debatable.  What's undeniable is they have not reached the level were they can beat the Stamps regularity.   If they want to claim superiority over the Stamps winning head-to-head match ups is a hurdle they have to overcome.

This.  Our current regime always seemed stuck in maybe-next-year territory when going head to head with the Stampeders.  This year?
3-1 Bombers for the season including a brilliant WSF victory!

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

They shut down our run game. It was like that all season minus the Banjo Bowl.

so if giving up 186 yards in the LCD, 155 yards in the Banjo Bowl and 116 yards in 3rd game for a total of 457 yards and 3 TD's without Harris for 2 of the games is shutting us down all season I'm curious to see what "not" shutting us down would look like.......

We came out somewhat flat in WF..against a team with weeks rest...at home with 2 weeks to prepare and still won...so obviously the better, more rounded, deeper, better coached team won...basically...the better team...plain and simple

2 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

This.  Our current regime always seemed stuck in maybe-next-year territory when going head to head with the Stampeders.  This year?
3-1 Bombers for the season including a brilliant WSF victory!

Very true, not to mention the one blemish this year was a 34-37 loss. Wasn't very long ago McMahon Stadium was where Bomber playoff hopes and seasons went to die.

Even the toothless weirdo Rider fans that filled that toilet bowl couldn't over come the force that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers were in the 2019 Grey Cup Playoffs. They think they are the best fans in the CFL but in reality everyone else on earth that knows CFL ball knows who the best fans are. They show it loud and proud every game at home at IGF. The home of the loudest fans in the CFL. There are two kinds of people in this world, Championship winners like us Bomber fans and POS losers like those Sackstenchewan Riders fans. 

WF vs. the riders prob. looks a lot different if they don't try to make their wounded QB run a lateral sneak on a long 3rd-and-goal in the 4Q.  You wanna talk about an OC overthinking things...just a terrible terrible call.

I think we were full value for the wins against the cats and the stamps, but we really needed a couple decisive lucky breaks to win in the WF. That's fine, I don't think our cup needs an asterisk or anything. 

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

so if giving up 186 yards in the LCD, 155 yards in the Banjo Bowl and 116 yards in 3rd game for a total of 457 yards and 3 TD's without Harris for 2 of the games is shutting us down all season I'm curious to see what "not" shutting us down would look like.......

We came out somewhat flat in WF..against a team with weeks rest...at home with 2 weeks to prepare and still won...so obviously the better, more rounded, deeper, better coached team won...basically...the better team...plain and simple

Going back through the game info- you're right. They still churned out some yards, then why did I leave with the impression that the run game was not nearly effective and that they seemed to stuff us quite often?