O'Shea and Walters Re-Sign

Noeller

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

I expect confirmation on the coaching situation for next year like Hall staying and Buck's promotion. 

i would think so as well, most likely they were finalizing all those pieces first before announcing their own extensions, which I am led to believe were hammered out a week after the cup, but wanted to wait until the lapo situ was determined

49 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

The "F'n Canadians" are BACK!

Now that  I think back to what Dickenson said, if he had been a Canadian and had said something like that about another group living in Canada he likely would have been disciplined, if not fired (considering what's been going on with coaches lately). Hmmm. Just thought I'd mention this...now carry on with O Shea and Walter's...

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

Entering an off-season where you won a Cup, and generally are raped and coming out on the coaching/management side of things with only losing one guy, and the one who truthfully I think will be the easiest to replace and have minimal impact is a pretty good off-season

Pretty crazy how much continuity we're getting out of the coaching staff.  Lapo was "next in line" for a HC'ing position, there was little doubt he was going to get and take an opportunity after this season regardless of the final outcome.

Can't understate continuity in an organization..Top down having Miller..Walters, McManus, Oshea, Rigmadan, Goevia all continue to be a part of things now pushing what 5..6 years now (save for rigs) is kind of hard to believe in the CFL....And the rewards have been reaped, and should continue. 

Players see that too, and will want to be part of that. 

O’SHEA: ... I want to be here and we’ve accomplished a few of the things we set out to accomplish. But there’s more work to be done.

BLUEBOMBERS.COM: Can you expand on that? What would that work be?

O’SHEA: Well, there was an ‘S’ on championship when we made our first statements. We’ve accomplished a lot in terms of consistency and winning a bunch of football games of late and we did manage to get a Grey Cup. But there was the idea to compete for them regularly and I don’t know that that’s the case yet.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/12/13/qa-head-coach-mike-oshea/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

18 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

My favourite considering all the nonsense on here about him wanting to be with Pinball in Hogtown:

O’SHEA: It wasn’t hard for me. There was a lot of false stuff being said about me declining offers, which wasn’t the case. That wasn’t the case whatsoever. It’s unfortunate, but anybody can say anything and it gets picked up by all sorts of different media outlets or news people or pseudo-news people. There’s a lot of wasted energy, and I don’t particularly like to waste it, on refuting claims and denying stories and stuff like that.

I like this from that interview

This is my type of town. I grew up in Northern Ontario. I do like the people. I like the conversations. I like the work ethic of the people you meet. I like the entrepreneurial spirit. There are a lot of things to like about the people you meet around here.

Really describes some of the great things about Wpg and Manitoba.

It's remarkable driving around Wpg,and also, Steinbach, Brandon, other towns and cities,  the number of successful small/medium and gigantic size businesses that locals have created.

Edited by Mark F