Lapolice to be name Ottawa’s new HC

Jpan85

6 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

the difference between earlier in the year and the Grey Cup game is he didn't rush the pass/play... Streve tends to play too 'fast' not getting set when throwing the ball and as noted throws with his arm... if he slowed down and got set I think he would have much better success...

A lot of this is on Lapo... in the Sask game, he abandoned Harris and keyed his run game on Streveler - Sask knew what was coming

In the Grey Cup, Harris was a multiple level threat through the whole game and completely opened things up for Streveler

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

A lot of this is on Lapo... in the Sask game, he abandoned Harris and keyed his run game on Streveler - Sask knew what was coming

In the Grey Cup, Harris was a multiple level threat through the whole game and completely opened things up for Streveler

Depends on if Streveler was given a choice on the run plays. He faked every handoff to Harris, was that by design or choice? Design is on Lapo, choice is on Streveler. 

57 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Depends on if Streveler was given a choice on the run plays. He faked every handoff to Harris, was that by design or choice? Design is on Lapo, choice is on Streveler. 

I think this is still on Lapo...  Streveler was clearly overwhelmed by the read-option and the lack of any other type of misdirection in that second half - Lapo needed to adjust

But we still won... and we're the Grey Cup champions.  Did I mention that?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-12-09 at 9:21 AM, Mr Dee said:

I’d agree.
Except the last month. I believe he did think things out, and it showed in the variety and type of plays he called.

Calgary, Calgary, Saskatchewan and the current drought champions..Hamilton. 
Nice mix of calls,,

Eeeeehhhhh .... I dunno. I recall muttering to myself about Lapo during the Sask game. 

On 2019-12-09 at 3:34 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Ottawa has a good field goal kicker, and so that will help when Lapo calls a three yard out on the 20 yard line on 2nd and 7.  5 times a game.

Yeah, thet're going to love that shite in Ottawa. Oh boy!

On 2019-12-11 at 2:11 PM, Floyd said:

Ummm...  its basically true - the wheels came off and we limped into the playoffs

Its strange how all of us think its critical that Streveler stays... but his 1400 yards and 9:14 TD-INT ratio really is awful

Yet I'd still sign him ha

Now that Lapo is gone.

On 2019-12-12 at 1:29 PM, Booch said:

He hasn't had quality QB coaching...let me rephrase that "much" quality coaching and that's what he needed, and time to develop what he's taught...

Imagine if he had spent the last 2 years with Dickenson or Khari.

On 2019-12-14 at 6:13 AM, 66 Chevelle said:

the difference between earlier in the year and the Grey Cup game is he didn't rush the pass/play... Streve tends to play too 'fast' not getting set when throwing the ball and as noted throws with his arm... if he slowed down and got set I think he would have much better success...

It's almost as if he was an inexperienced QB and needs time to grow :)

On 2019-12-13 at 10:25 AM, NorthernSkunk said:

And was it a " lack of accuracy "... or was it a timing thing with the receivers....  cause his timing was good when it mattered in the last game.

Maybe not timing as much as having a good feel for his receivers speed in deep routes - When he took over for Nichols he started by overthrowing everybody on deep routes, and then proceeded to start underthrowing guys which resulted in a bunch of picks.

Basically it was his read progression and his inexperience with it...get that solved and he will be fine.

He was not used to, and experienced in the route progressions and timing and it affected his read, and a lot of time he would be like "oh!! there it is" and would a lot of times rush things and throw balls being not set, and having no base, or platform to make the throw properly..resulting in what we saw...somethng that is easily fixed with time and reps, and we have seen already.

He needs to slow himself down, then the game will slow down for him...

On 2019-12-14 at 1:25 PM, Bigblue204 said:

Either he didnt have the option and it was fake read option, or he can not read to save his life. It never looked like he was reading the end or any one else on run plays or like the design was meant to create that situation. Charles fischer has some fantastic break downs on read option offense on his site and on his youtube channel. Its basic enough any one can watch a few minutes of video see what the qb is doing and then watch streveler in his package and see its either not read option or its the worst run and coached read option in football at any level.