Lapolice to be name Ottawa’s new HC

Jpan85

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

We'll find out just how much PLAP meant to the team. I wonder if we're expecting the new OC to start 6 NI's and not have any DI's to work with.

This is an inaccurate post which I had responded to earlier and was going to ignore, but it has led to some unnecessary bickering and partially derailed the topic.  There were DIs available to the offense, and they very rarely had 6 Nationals on the starting O. 

When Hecht was replaced by Alexander, the 2 nationals spots on D were filled by Kongbo and Thomas, with Hecht also slotting in for certain sets, allowing a National DL to swap out. 

I enjoy debate and a little controversy as much as the next person, but do please keep it accurate. 

12 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

This is an inaccurate post which I had responded to earlier and was going to ignore, but it has led to some unnecessary bickering and partially derailed the topic.  There were DIs available to the offense, and they very rarely had 6 Nationals on the starting O. 

When Hecht was replaced by Alexander, the 2 nationals spots on D were filled by Kongbo and Thomas, with Hecht also slotting in for certain sets, allowing a National DL to swap out. 

I enjoy debate and a little controversy as much as the next person, but do please keep it accurate. 

3 OL, Harris, Demski, Woli

16 hours ago, Floyd said:

So so word if he's HC/OC I guess...?

I suspect Lapo will have a huge hand in the offence. For his first 2 seasons as Bombers HC, Jamie Barresi was officially the OC but we all know Lapo was had his hands in every aspect (including play calling) of the offence.

9 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Woli got 360 yards receiving. I doubt that kind of output would be hard for an import to replace or improve upon. Woli's passport is as important as his output

Woli doesn't get to choose how much he is targeted right ?  I was hoping to see him being used a bit more.

Buck has been mentoring long enough. Time for him to step up. 

Ottawa obviously hired Lapo for his Offensive abilities and with the coaches cap, it just makes sense he will be calling the plays also. 

I hope Lapo does well, i have my doubts.. He just seems more suited to the coordinator role. Every Time i hear him speak, i dont get the leader vibe. 

Maybe its the word "ok" every 2 seconds tho. 

Edited by Goalie

I’m  one of those who did not and frankly still do not like Lapolice as an OC or HC. Yes I will agree that his offended put up some good numbers especially this year and yes he did win the grey cup and for that I congratulate him. For his position as HC for Ottawa I also congratulate him and wish him well. However it still does not take away the fact his offences are predictable and he continues to coach with a not lose instead of win attitude. He had a workhorse in Harris, an anomaly in Streveler, who he almost killed, and was rescued by a QB who hadn’t played all year. The stars were aligned so to speak. With that said out of the 21 games he called this year the Western semi final and the Grey Cup were the best two games of balanced offence I have ever seen him call and for that thank you and many accolades! Let’s see what happens in Ottawa, should he prove me wrong I will be front and centre cheering him on. 

3 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I’m  one of those who did not and frankly still do not like Lapolice as an OC or HC. Yes I will agree that his offended put up some good numbers especially this year and yes he did win the grey cup and for that I congratulate him. For his position as HC for Ottawa I also congratulate him and wish him well. However it still does not take away the fact his offences are predictable and he continues to coach with a not lose instead of win attitude. He had a workhorse in Harris, an anomaly in Streveler, who he almost killed, and was rescued by a QB who hadn’t played all year. The stars were aligned so to speak. With that said out of the 21 games he called this year the Western semi final and the Grey Cup were the best two games of balanced offence I have ever seen him call and for that thank you and many accolades! Let’s see what happens in Ottawa, should he prove me wrong I will be front and centre cheering him on. 

I' am starting to think that Lapo's Offensive schemes and plays were very creative and far from predictable... I think it was his play calling. 

17 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

3 OL, Harris, Demski, Woli

You’re saying we had 6 NI’s like it was a bad thing. Our OL is the best in the league and Harris is the best RB in the league. Lapo used Demski more than any of the import receivers and Woli is a talented albeit under-utilized player. 

5 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I' am starting to think that Lapo's Offensive schemes and plays were very creative and far from predictable... I think it was his play calling. 

I’d agree.
Except the last month. I believe he did think things out, and it showed in the variety and type of plays he called.

Calgary, Calgary, Saskatchewan and the current drought champions..Hamilton. 
Nice mix of calls,,

45 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I wouldn't lump the west final in there with the good games. The play calling almost cost us that game. Thankfully the defense came ready to play. Grey cup was quite good as was the semi final.

The WF was great play calling. Not so much in the GC. 7 turn overs produced just 2 TD's.

Just now, do or die said:

Wish Lapo all the best.  Overall, he has earned another HC shot.  
I will really miss the game planning and first half Lapo.  The incredibly shrinking playbook, 2nd half Lapo..... not so much.

That was the best way to put it.

I think he's always been the most overrated coordinator in the league.

Deserves a HC job for sure though, so good for him.

36 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

To be fair, there isn't anywhere for Dinwiddie to go in CGY. Dickenson is going to be the guy for years to come.

Yeah.. BC is a good situation for him.  They struggled last season. He gets to go into a situation with a top CFL passer and if he can turn things around he will look good for a head coaching job in a couple years.

15 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Woli doesn't get to choose how much he is targeted right ?  I was hoping to see him being used a bit more.

For once I agree with you. But just this once. Don't think I'm going soft or anything like that. 😉 

Edited by SpeedFlex27