Lapolice to be name Ottawa’s new HC

Jpan85

Nah, Nichols returns knowing that he's splitting time with Strev. All about the transition now and he knows it. I think he's fine with that. Doesn't mean he likes coming off the field and tries to make it difficult for Buck (OC) to do that but I think that's the transition plan. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Well no offense,  but what you don't know could fill a warehouse.

No just joking, never pass up an opportunity to use that line. He was mentioned as being interviewed for sure so it isn't out of the blue.

You couldn’t be more right. I guess unless it was posted here I probably would have missed it.  Don’t follow twitter or any other social media.  My main source for WBB news is here and the wpg sun site.   

2 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Well deserved. Grey Cup winning OC. Wonder if he’ll call the offensive plays? Needs a QB. Probably doesn’t bode well for Sinopoli putting up huge numbers.  Check down city baby! 

Was wondering whether he would call his own plays as well.

Would not surprise me at all. 

I think it would be a mistake.

I am really happy for LaPolice. He was one of the top offensive coordinators in the league the past couple years.  Hopefully they get a QB in Ottawa that gives him a decent shot at success. 

Now we'll get a chance to see what Buck can do as OC. LaPo's offenses are always designed around the run game. I'd like to become more pass-oriented. If we can get the pass game working consistently, we are a completely different team.

I guess I bid him best of luck and thank him for service. I find it a bit bizarre people are so reverent about him considering our offense was fairly pedestrian. We finished dead last in passing, and if not for our running game, which sure as hell wasn't anything he was responsible for, and our defense, we weren't doing anything in the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

I am really happy for LaPolice. He was one of the top offensive coordinators in the league the past couple years.  Hopefully they get a QB in Ottawa that gives him a decent shot at success. 

Now we'll get a chance to see what Buck can do as OC. LaPo's offenses are always designed around the run game. I'd like to become more pass-oriented. If we can get the pass game working consistently, we are a completely different team.

One of the biggest knocks I think Lapo had when he was HC with the Bombers was it was too much for him trying to run the Offence and be a HC. He has been a good OC and even made me a believer this year. But let's see what he does as a HC again. Hes going to need a lot of help me thinks. 

Also congrats to Coach Lapo.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Dunno why people think Masoli is a good fit for a LaPolice offense ... he’s not 

I don't think he's a good fit at all but I think Desjardins likes to make a big splash at QB, so I think they'll target him. 

2 hours ago, White Out said:

I think we should all just resign ourselves to the fact that we're going to have Nichols and Strevler again. Which is fine I guess. Who knows what Arbuckle will do outside Calgary. 

"Resign ourselves". Man, I hope we can start he season 7-2 again. I will resign myself to that. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Nah, Nichols returns knowing that he's splitting time with Strev. All about the transition now and he knows it. I think he's fine with that. Doesn't mean he likes coming off the field and tries to make it difficult for Buck (OC) to do that but I think that's the transition plan. 

No one knows if Nichols is healthy enough to play football or if his shoulder injury will allow him to play at the necessary level. That uncertainty means no team will likely offer him the starting QB money he earned this year.  Also,  the only way Strev will re-sign here is with a big pay bump. So I guess if they split the QB pay envelope at $250-$300k each it is possible, as you say, that we will see Nichols-Streveler in 2020.  Really hoping we get to see what McGuire has too. Big question mark if we go with Buck Pierce as OC though.

24 minutes ago, White Out said:

I guess I bid him best of luck and thank him for service. I find it a bit bizarre people are so reverent about him considering our offense was fairly pedestrian. We finished dead last in passing, and if not for our running game, which sure as hell wasn't anything he was responsible for, and our defense, we weren't doing anything in the playoffs.

I think the fact we are a run focused offence has more to do about being last in passing... IIRC, we were 1st in rushing... 

I think Lapo had just little a bit of a hand in the successful run game...

And yes the defence was better than Championship calibre, but the offence needs to put points on the board in order for us to win. 

Our D > O, but the Bombers played complimentary football- all three phases... gosh that playoff run was beautiful... 

I am not saying we won the Grey Cup on the back of our Offense, but they still managed to put up 30+ on two very good teams and enough to win in a grind it out defensive battle.

Give credit where credit is due. Lapo is not the greatest OC there ever was, but he's pretty darn good.