2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

I haven’t been witness to something like this before and truthfully, I never thought about Bob Irving getting a ring. But when you think about it, it truly fits in with the culture and atmosphere the Bombers are promoting with this team. This is no mere gesture by the Bombers. It is heartfelt and rewarding.

And, deserving. 

Growing up and listening to Irving over the last 29 years,I realize how lucky we were to have someone so balanced in his broadcasting. And knowledgable.

A Grey Cup Ring? Bravo Bob! And bravo to Wade Miller for bringing it all together with Kyle Walters and Mike O’Shea.

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm super curious what "FIFO" is on Harris's ring...

It is O’Shea’s saying for the team.  Fit In or F*** Off.

Apparently they used it in Toronto when he played under Pinball.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/friesen-bombers-get-historic-ring-for-historic-run

https://www.cfl.ca/2006/07/19/argos__defence_finds_its_pulse_with_o_shea/ 

5 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

No one is arguing about the ring. Its clearly beautiful. Some of us think it would be even nicer with more blue. Looking back at some of the previous years, the winning teams colors are more prominent. 

Yes, you guys are argiung & complaining over a championship ring that our team won. The first championship in 29 years. It's comical. 

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

He deserves it just for the fact of having to deal with the callers on Post game and coaches show the past 29 years.

I absolutely love this! Such a humble man. And so deserving having called games for over 40 years. We can argue here for days as to who the face of the Blue Bombers is. But we damned well know for sure who the voice of the Bombers is. Congratulations, Bob. 

You’d probably think there was going to be a lot of yelling, a lot of shouting, a lot of oohs and aahs,” said Bombers slotback Nik Demski. “But, honestly, everybody was just silent because your breath is really taken away by this.

“It’s amazing. It’s unbelievable. It’s definitely a memory that’s going to last a lifetime.”