2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

Winnipeg is the largest city in North America, credited with handling covid 19 in an exemplary manner...An enviable record for sure, considering the carnage that this pandemic has wreaked in other cities....The city and province should be very proud of the way they've handled this virus................................... so, 'C'mon down to Winnipeg'...Jefferson had it right

Edited by Stickem

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

okay, not EVERYONE in EVERY town........but........south of Red Deer = Stamps/Riders...... Red Deer+North = Esks/Riders.......... for anyone that's actually a CFL fan.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

McKay could honestly end up being a huge signing

and if he’s not, maybe re-evaluate what the hell we’re doing to assess receiver prospects that we’d wait 4 years for him 

Exactly. Normally no pressure in terms of signing a negotiation list player. This time - Bombers better be right about him for the reason you stated. I hope so, but, he didn't exactly light up the AAF or XFL.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

fwiw, I'm a really big fan of Rasheed Bailey and Kenny Lawler. I know we've said it before, but I think both of those guys could really be something. 

No receiver could shine in that LaPo offense. Look how Drew Wolitarski was just wasted for 3 seasons. I just hope that Buck Pierce isn't a clone. That he has some ideas to bust these guys out throwing the ball.  And it isn't just business as usual. I want to see some 300 yard passing games & a couple of receivers make it to a thousand yards. Even though he won a GC as OC, I was so happy to see LaPo leave. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No receiver could shine in that LaPo offense. Look how Drew Wolitarski was just wasted for 3 seasons. I just hope that Buck Pierce isn't a clone. That he has some ideas to bust these guys out throwing the ball.  And it isn't just business as usual. I want to see some 300 yard passing games & a couple of receivers make it to a thousand yards. Even though he won a GC as OC, I was so happy to see LaPo leave. 

All I want to see is W’s no matter how it’s done.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

W                   W                   W

W              W   W             W

W         W        W         W

W    W             W   W

W.                   W

Illegal formation....too many men...winnipeg....10 yard penalty.  Repeat 3rd down

On 2020-06-11 at 2:55 PM, Noeller said:

4 years ago, but..........

He has the size, fights for the ball and has breakaway speed if the clips mean anything. What the heck, if the Bombers have been watching him for 4 years he's gotta be worth a look.

On 2020-06-11 at 5:14 PM, Noeller said:

fwiw, I'm a really big fan of Rasheed Bailey and Kenny Lawler. I know we've said it before, but I think both of those guys could really be something. 

My favorite part of both of their games is the selflessness of providing blocks to receivers or whomever as necessary. Hard to come by gritty receivers that do that. Adams does it away from the ball well as well.