2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The "I'm Mike from Canmore" reference is getting a little long in the tooth for anyone to remember. 😄

hey hey yeah I figured as much, the guy who played that character on Air Farce died in 2004.  But hey, someone here remembered "Fernwood 2 Night" when Fred Willard passed away so I thought that I would take a shot...

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Anyone remember Mr. Canoe-head?  

Four on the floor!

That was the best time for Canadian comedy, IMO. Mid to Late 80s. 

Kids In the Hall.

Codco

Royal Canadian Air Farce

Etc. 

Edited by JCon

21 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

We had to make up for Wayne and Schuster.

Possibly the funniest comedy team we ever produced. Absolutely LOVED those guys. My grandfather and I bonded over our love of those guys. I mean, they were regulars on Sullivan, for goodness sake. Those guys were OUTSTANDING......oh, and Dave Broadfoot, too. 

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

If we're having a Canadian comedy love-in here I'm hitching my wagon to Kids in the Hall. Funny to this day

ahhhhhh you're one of THOSE types....... I get you. ;)  My cousin is part of a local sketch comedy troupe and they're AWESOME but I just do not understand their love of KITH. It's just too weird for me...

Back in 1993, I went to Gibson's Landing with the family. We got off the ferry, walked around for about an hour then we took the kids for a bite to eat. I kept looking for Molly's Reach wanting to go there. I saw an old sign for the restaurant leaning against a fence but that was it. So, we went into a diner to eat & as we ordered I asked the waitress what happened to Molly's Reach & why did it close down? She just gave me this "OMG Not Another One" look & said that Molly's Reach was a set from the Beachcombers & it never existed. My wife just looked at me with this, "You're An Idiot" look on her face...  I can only imagine the waitress & what she was thinking.... "Stupid tourists".... WHO KNEW???

Yeah, I’m at least I’m still standing.

Speaking of ‘Still Standing’ 

"Still Standing" is a mix of a comedy series and a reality series and features actor and comedian Jonny Harris. Harris travels across Canada to discover the hidden gems in small towns. He takes a heart-warming journey to find humor in the unlikeliest of places. He immerses himself into the town's culture as well as into the lives of its residents. He unearths tall tales during his stay before hosting a stand-up comedy routine to help draw attention to these small towns.

Pretty well unknown I think, but it really is quite clever. Jonny Harris puts a lot of work into this series and there’s way more hits than misses. His sell-out audiences laugh their hearts out because it’s so relevant and personal.
Check it out. You’ll see what I mean.

Edited by Mr Dee