2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

There's a LOT of misinformation in this Thread. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPEAK WITH A DOCTOR AND DON'T TAKE ADVICE OFF A FOOTBALL FORUM. There are a lot of good football people on here...their medical knowledge/advice is not to be followed.

p.s whoever told someone that this was a 2 week deal was a ******* dummy. I don't know who said that to you speed but you should stop talking to them.

Edited by Bigblue204

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

We've both made our minds up. You're basing your opinion on a Dr. who suspiciously has something to sell that addresses the issue. I'm basing my opinion on the CDC and the Mayo clinic who have nothing to sell to address the issue.

Training camps will start up because Politician's do what's popular rather than follow the science. The CFL and the CFLPA will find people who agree because they need the season to start to make any money from football this year. They'll choose to ignore what doesn't work for them. The teams will have the players sign off going back to work and will get the players to sign a daily waiver to say they aren't infected so they can't sue.

I asked for where you were getting your info from. You replied with the 3rd down article. I accepted it even though it doesn't speak about "close prolonged contact" and noted that 24/7 is close prolonged contact anyway. Now you're saying there's more in depth info elsewhere without providing any sources.

I never suggested that the world isn't going to open up again. Of course it will.

if you had any ability to find news you would see that 3rd down got that little snippet from somewhere else...not gonna spoon feed you since you say you are 60 something so should be able to do so yourself\f..also never based anything on the "one" specific Doctor you are trolling..he's one of several...and there are other tests to give with short term results to clear people..one made right here in Winnipeg of all places

Who knows what your angle is..you just are not in agreement with how things may progress for your own reasons an I applaud you for that...Dr Rousin if you are too lazy to look into things has said the "close prolonged contact" thing..several times and it was not something he came up with...it's from the medical community...also just like gyms..and the rest of second phase things opening up in Canada..and world wide it has been stated places can function if any close contact is "brief"...ie...not prolonged

The CDC...WHO...and other agencies have dropped the ball on a lot of this when it first came about...so basing your opinions soley on certain agencies as well doesn't make it the be all end all...like anything these days for every article..website..governing body claiming one thing..you can find another totally disputing it

The Mayo has irons in the fire too...they promote what will get them $$...and the CDC...is almost laughable in some aspects of this

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

There's a LOT of misinformation in this Thread. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPEAK WITH A DOCTOR AND DON'T TAKE ADVICE OFF A FOOTBALL FORUM. There are a lot of good football people on here...their medical knowledge/advice is not to be followed.

p.s whoever told someone that this was a 2 week deal was a ******* dummy. I don't know who said that to you speed but you should stop talking to them.

Well, of course that was in mid March & not today. Remember when BC, Quebec & Ontario said they'd close schools for just 2 weeks & then another week after that with Spring Break? A lot of what government was saying was based on that at the time. Those 2  months seem so long ago. 

13 hours ago, Booch said:

if you had any ability to find news you would see that 3rd down got that little snippet from somewhere else...not gonna spoon feed you since you say you are 60 something so should be able to do so yourself\f..also never based anything on the "one" specific Doctor you are trolling..he's one of several...and there are other tests to give with short term results to clear people..one made right here in Winnipeg of all places

Who knows what your angle is..you just are not in agreement with how things may progress for your own reasons an I applaud you for that...Dr Rousin if you are too lazy to look into things has said the "close prolonged contact" thing..several times and it was not something he came up with...it's from the medical community...also just like gyms..and the rest of second phase things opening up in Canada..and world wide it has been stated places can function if any close contact is "brief"...ie...not prolonged

The CDC...WHO...and other agencies have dropped the ball on a lot of this when it first came about...so basing your opinions soley on certain agencies as well doesn't make it the be all end all...like anything these days for every article..website..governing body claiming one thing..you can find another totally disputing it

The Mayo has irons in the fire too...they promote what will get them $$...and the CDC...is almost laughable in some aspects of this

You finally provided the 'Close prolonged contact' Dr. Not sure why it took days, but thanks. I was unfamiliar with the term because neither Dr. Hinshaw, the Alberta Chief Medical Officer nor Dr. Bonnie Henry, the BC health officer use that term and I don't read much MB news.

From the first article I googled: "Remember that this virus is spread through close prolonged contact, coming within one to two metres of an infected individual,” said Dr. Roussin. The distance is also on the CDC site.

According to the CDC: The definition of “prolonged exposure” was extended to refer to a time period of 15 or more minutes.

So now we have a definition that we can both agree on: Close prolonged contact means 2 meters for 15 or more minutes.

Training camp is 24/7 living together and players will be within 2 meters of each other for more than 15 minutes every day during training camp.

This isn't about 'how things may progress'. We agree, assuming there is a season, that TC will open. You seem to be assuming that quarantine will be close to perfect so no one will get Covid. I'm assuming that at least one imperfect person will get it and spread it because that's what has happened in my personal experience and it's what happened in the German soccer league (Which is as close to the CFL situation as possible).

I'm not solely basing my opinions on one or two agencies. I've read tons of articles on Covid-19 from various sources. It's interesting to see how things change throughout the pandemic and how much good and bad information is floating out there. It's also interesting to see how the story changes depending on what the Governments want people to do. When they wanted everyone to stay home, the doom and gloom articles came out. When they want everyone back to work, the everything's OK, it's harder to get than we thought, articles come out.

Neither of us is going to change the other's mind. I'm sure that everyone would like it if we just stopped arguing, so I'm done.

Sean McGuire 
“I want to get back up there and prove myself, for sure. But, more than anything, I’m just chomping at the bit to get back to my teammates and just do my job. I’m going to continue to try and learn from Zach. Last year down the stretch learning from him was unbelievable and our relationship grew a lot. I learned so much from him in a short period of time and even in these Zoom meetings, just being able to pick his brain and hear him communicate and how he dissects things on the field has made me absolutely excited to get back and continue to prove myself to my teammates. I want to continue to earn trust in the locker room with my teammates, that comes first.

“All I can do – all everyone can do – is just wait this thing out.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/05/23/column-story-sean-mcguire/

3 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Didn't Mcguire look like one our best QBs out of camp last year?

Good enough to dump Bennett who did double duties on special teams. 

McGuire didn't look confused, scared and seemed able to get the ball out quickly. Also has an arm.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Good enough to dump Bennett who did double duties on special teams. 

McGuire didn't look confused, scared and seemed able to get the ball out quickly. Also has an arm.

Filled Streveler's role adequately in the last regular season game too. Also, Bennett did a fantastic job of getting sacked in the Western Final last year.

15 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Filled Streveler's role adequately in the last regular season game too. Also, Bennett did a fantastic job of getting sacked in the Western Final last year.

Yup.....I'm pretty sure we kept the right guy.....Reading the column story and his thoughts about returning, makes our decision to keep McGuire a very insightful one

On 2020-03-30 at 3:35 PM, Noeller said:

******* comic books....I can't roll my eyes hard enough. But I get it...the nerds are a demographic that isn't in to football, so if this somehow gets them to buy tickets and such, then whatever. It's the same as getting someone like Bieber to do the half time at Grey Cup...it's all about appealing to a demo that's not already there.

You Suck.

Sincerely, 

- a Comic book Nerd.

Feeling a bit sad today. I have a Google device on my desk that cycles through family pics, mostly of my kids.

So many of the pics are of my kids at the stadium, watching games and participating in different events. 

It's seems small but a year missed of making more of those memories really stings today. 

Stay healthy everyone! 

On 2020-05-23 at 12:14 PM, Dr Zaius said:

Didn't Mcguire look like one our best QBs out of camp last year?

From pre-season and practices, and minimal game action last year he is the best pocket passer we had....and have had in a while, and he also can get out of troubles way and run a bit as well...not Strevleresque but more than adequate

From what I observed he had the best pocket presence and looked most comfortable and confident standing in there going through his reads, and with this o-line that could be a lethal combo as he has no jitters and yips and will allow things to fully develop...will be interesting to see how and if he develops...and by all acounts has the smarts upstairs too.

As I commented before, he has the best arm and ability to make any throw that I have seen come through camp here in a long time