2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

On ‎2020‎-‎05‎-‎05 at 10:21 AM, Noeller said:

I was in Regina for the West Final (which is now the best CFL game I have ever attended live, replacing the 1994 Division Final against Baltimore and the Matt Dunigan 713 game as my previous co-favorites), and driving home after I listened to the entire pre-game, game and post-game show on the CJOB audio vault just to hear how Bob Irving called the game I had just seen live. Most enjoyable 6 hour drive of my life.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I was in Regina for the West Final (which is now the best CFL game I have ever attended live, replacing the 1994 Division Final against Baltimore and the Matt Dunigan 713 game as my previous co-favorites), and driving home after I listened to the entire pre-game, game and post-game show on the CJOB audio vault just to hear how Bob Irving called the game I had just seen live. Most enjoyable 6 hour drive of my life.

To be fair, any drive that takes you out of Saskatchewan could be classified as the most enjoyable drive of your life. 

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

To be fair, any drive that takes you out of Saskatchewan could be classified as the most enjoyable drive of your life. 

Also,
There’s a belief that Regina’s Ring Road was financed by those who didn’t want to go through that place..

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

they tried but couldnt because our OL manhandled their DL all game long.

Yup. Not to mention Jefferson and Jeffcoat b**ch slapping their "vaunted" and "award winning" o-line(Bryant being robbed by that turnstyle is a freaking shameful travesty btw). The game of football is largely won in the trenches.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

40 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup. Not to mention Jefferson and Jeffcoat b**ch slapping their "vaunted" and "award winning" o-line(Bryant being robbed by that turnstyle is a freaking shameful travesty btw). The game of football is largely won in the trenches.

I was really looking forward to watching those guys again this season with a healthy Bighill  :(   

7 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So weird that Hamilton didn't follow the Sask game plan, it really was their only chance to stop the Winnipeg offense, or at least limit it in a big way.  They were even more arrogant than Calgary, if that's possible....

Way more arrogant which is why it was soooo sweet to watch the Cats crash down to Earth. The Grey Cup game was a slugfest. With the Bombers doing the  slugging & the Ticats getting the festing. The Cats turtled. They cowered. They gave up. Especially Dane Evans their hot shot rookie qb who should have been taken aside by Steinhauer, told to grow a set & be a leader. He was throwing temper tantrums & hissy fits all game long. He didn't like the treatment the Bomber defense gave him. Evans may indeed  become a great CFL qb but on that day he was just a scared little rookie with a bloody nose. The Bombers were like the bully in junior high who would sit beside some poor kid, punch his arm, tell the kid he'd die if he told the teacher & then kept hitting him over & over while the kid cowered in pain silently. Evans never once fought back or rallied the troops on the sidelines like Matt Dunigan or Mike Reilly would have. Midway through the 3rd quarter, it was over. After they lost Brandon Banks, the Cats weren't coming back. I loved every freaking moment of the beat down. 

Stamps aren't even in that game if they aren't gifted the first 2 TDs.

Just watched the 4th quarter of the Grey Cup. This has been said so many times in so many ways, but what an absolute **** kicking. Demski, Harris, Jefferson and Jeffcoat were in another league in that game. That drive in the middle of the 4th quarter was when I finally unclenched and started enjoying it.

#BaileysTDWasACatch

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

GETTING TO KNOW JORDAN YOUNGER

Younger is a highly respected member of O’Shea’s coaching staff not just because he knows his stuff, but because his experienced in the game – both as a player and an assistant – give him a well-rounded perspective. He even did a stint in 2014 as an analyst, working for both CFL.ca and TSN during their Grey Cup coverage.

Over the years he’s also adapted and grown as a coach, taking bits and pieces from each head coach and defensive coordinator to hone his own way to deliver a message or a teaching point. And that – the ability to be flexible and open your eyes and ears to new ideas – has been critical.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/05/11/getting-know-jordan-younger/

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Stamps aren't even in that game if they aren't gifted the first 2 TDs.

Just watched the 4th quarter of the Grey Cup. This has been said so many times in so many ways, but what an absolute **** kicking. Demski, Harris, Jefferson and Jeffcoat were in another league in that game. That drive in the middle of the 4th quarter was when I finally unclenched and started enjoying it.

#BaileysTDWasACatch

This is an overlooked part of our playoff run. Usually there's luck involved with reffing, but we got none.

The refs gave Calgary a TD a few minutes in to the game then proceeded to have most calls go their way. 
Sask game, Fajardo is 2 yards past the LOS and makes a 10+ yard completion. Bogus call.
Start of the GC, Jefferson gets a very suspect RTP right off the hop. 

They overcame it all and didn't let it get to them. That's what makes Mike O'shea an elite coach.

Edited by Dr Zaius

10 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Demski, Harris, Jefferson and Jeffcoat were in another league in that game

The game Demski played in the Grey Cup doesn't get nearly enough love. 

I am critical of the guy at times but he was huge in that game and if not for Harris being Harris he could easily have taken the top canadian in the game award.

I feel like that win over the Stampeders in the WSF catalyzed the 2019 Blue Bombers in becoming a team of destiny. Something happened in that second half at McMahon Stadium and the boys never looked back.

Granted, the WF at IGF West was a nailbiter but I never felt as though they'd lose that game. Even after that ridiculous catch by Moore off Sayles' fingertips... The team dug deep and made the stop. And for the "but the ball hit the upright" BS, the defense had full coverage and that pass by Fajardo wasn't very accurate.

The GC was an absolute walloping. The Ti-Cats didn't stand a chance.

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I feel like that win over the Stampeders in the WSF catalyzed the 2019 Blue Bombers in becoming a team of destiny. Something happened in that second half at McMahon Stadium and the boys never looked back.

Granted, the WF at IGF West was a nailbiter but I never felt as though they'd lose that game. Even after that ridiculous catch by Moore off Sayles' fingertips... The team dug deep and made the stop. And for the "but the ball hit the upright" BS, the defense had full coverage and that pass by Fajardo wasn't very accurate.

The GC was an absolute walloping. The Ti-Cats didn't stand a chance.

yeah Rider Whiner's make too much of the goalpost..we had 2 guy right there in coverage, and I think it was Taylor was just starting to undercut that throw to pick it off, or at the least knock it down..which would have been 3 straight passes at end of that drive that should have been picked...Alexander pooched the one just before that...sheesh

aAnd anyway looking at the trajectory of the ball as it hit cross bar, and where receiver was....the pass was gonna be high and sail harmlessy to back of endzone...

10 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

This forum is a huge circle jerk right now. I love it.

I can't imagine how this place would be right now had we not won the Cup again and had the delay to the start of the season right now. That win has washed away so many frustrations and kept a lid on the anxiety of the current state of things. I still remember this board at halftime of the Calgary game, when O'Shea was being fired and run out of town along with LaPo and Richie Hall.

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

I can't imagine how this place would be right now had we not won the Cup again and had the delay to the start of the season right now. That win has washed away so many frustrations and kept a lid on the anxiety of the current state of things. I still remember this board at halftime of the Calgary game, when O'Shea was being fired and run out of town along with LaPo and Richie Hall.

Not Today, Old Friend | Know Your Meme

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

not enough love around here for the game Mike Jones played in the Grey Cup... if not for Harris, Jones is hands down the CFL MVP. 

Mike Jones had a real good run right through the play-offs....huge part in solidifying that defense over the last 4 games