2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

Damon Allen is the most over rated QB of all time. He is Kevin Glenn with a Grey Cup win and better luck finding a starting job imo. He was never a top 2 or 3 QB in any year he ever played. Simon had a great run as a receiver but always had great QBs throwing him the ball. He's one of the all time greats but Milt is the best ever and it is not even close. It is unthinkable what Milt might have done if 3/4 of his career he didn't have hobos throwing him the ball.

On ‎2020‎-‎04‎-‎17 at 2:07 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Agreed. People forget that Milt was putting up big numbers with a carousel of god awful QB's for the first half of his career. Dear lord I couldn't even imagine what kind of numbers he would have finished with if he would have had Khari and Glenn for 13 years. As opposed to Pitts who had a combination of Flutie, Garcia, and Dickenson(not too freaking bad hey?) throwing him the ball. Not to mention Simon who also had Dickenson, Printers, Buck, and Lulay. All of which were light years better than the revolving door of utter garbage Milt had throwing to him in the 90's.

Not lost my friend :)

39 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Jesus Carl Kidd sure gave that guy a **** stomping. Seemed a little excessive. Never like that ***hole.

nope...If a idiot runs on the field and tries to hit a player like he did...thats what you will get, and deserve every smack..punch..kick...I would have done the same thing..

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-04-23 at 6:57 AM, GCn20 said:

Damon Allen is the most over rated QB of all time. He is Kevin Glenn with a Grey Cup win and better luck finding a starting job imo. He was never a top 2 or 3 QB in any year he ever played. Simon had a great run as a receiver but always had great QBs throwing him the ball. He's one of the all time greats but Milt is the best ever and it is not even close. It is unthinkable what Milt might have done if 3/4 of his career he didn't have hobos throwing him the ball.

Allen won 3 Grey Cups with 3 different teams. He threw for over 72,000 yards, was the GC MVP in all 3 wins plus he won the CFL's MOP Award in 2005. How does an overrated qb do that? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Re-watched the West Semi this weekend.  I could watch that game over and over again, just like the Grey Cup.  The Stamps came into that game with such a high amount of arrogance.  There was no way they thought they could lose.  I honestly think that they made the cardinal error of looking past Winnipeg before the game started as they were so certain that Winnipeg would be a simple speed bump and their real competition was going to be Sask to get to the Cup.  The fact that they could actually lose the game didn't start sinking in until the 4th quarter when they suddenly realized that the game was rapidly slipping out of their grasp and panic mode started up.  The look on the sidelines between Bo Levi and Dave Dickenson after Bo threw the INT (to Maston I think, or Taylor) was priceless.  Just this death stare between them as the two arrogant ****-heads try to process how the Bombers are kicking their asses, and how they never saw it coming.  Just so awesome.  I actually paused the game at that time and did a CR toast to the Bombers, as that was just so enjoyable.

During the west semi, 17to85 and I were sitting in our seats in the top row, along the 55....at half time we kinda went "this is good....we're in this thing..." and sure enough, after keeping it close in the 1st half, they busted it wide open in the second half. It was a lot of fun to be at. 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

During the west semi, 17to85 and I were sitting in our seats in the top row, along the 55....at half time we kinda went "this is good....we're in this thing..." and sure enough, after keeping it close in the 1st half, they busted it wide open in the second half. It was a lot of fun to be at. 

looked pretty cold though, poor Sara Orlesky looked like she was going to die of hypothermia by the 4th quarter...hope you guys brought along a thermos with some warming juice to make it through...lol.

I was pretty worried until the 4th quarter.  That bomb to Darvin kind of changed the entire game.  In the West Final, the Bombers had the same play going with a bomb to Darvin in the 4th qrt that would have sealed the game for them but Collaros missed him by a yard, would have made a big difference in the ending as it would have been far less dramatic, and been a lot easier on my blood pressure...lol. 

The big difference between the two games, West Semi and West Final, was that Sask had game-planned for Strevs, and so he was a complete non-factor, whereas Calgary hadn't really done squat and paid dearly (possibly because two weeks earlier Strevs had been injured in their regular season game?).  Made it a much closer game for sure as the Bomber weren't getting that 7 - 8 yards on first down from the Strevelation like they were used to in other games.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

It was Demski's run that had me feeling comfortable, but once we realized that Streveler couldn't be stopped (even with a crippled leg) that was it. Calgary just had no chance. 

So weird that Hamilton didn't follow the Sask game plan, it really was their only chance to stop the Winnipeg offense, or at least limit it in a big way.  They were even more arrogant than Calgary, if that's possible....

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So weird that Hamilton didn't follow the Sask game plan, it really was their only chance to stop the Winnipeg offense, or at least limit it in a big way.  They were even more arrogant than Calgary, if that's possible....

they tried but couldnt because our OL manhandled their DL all game long.