2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

3 minutes ago, Bombers9256 said:

I don’t remember Printers much. Why did that end his career?

I'll dig up the replay if I can. Printers had a crazy good MOP season in 2004 with BC and managed himself an NFL shot a couple years later... famously ended with the (I'm paraphrasing) 'you want me to make chicken salad but all you give me is chicken ****' line on Hard Knocks. Came back to Hamilton as the highest paid player in the league. Proceeded to stink it up and whine about it while facing much scrutiny. Limps his way back over to BC's practice roster... bides his time, Lulay gets injured... he becomes the starter... back at the top of the roster where he showed so much promise... and he chucks a pick six in the redzone OT, screams at his receiver, gets cut days later. Ended his CFL career then... he did become a backup for a season in the IFL according to the googles.

Stampeders’ GM John Hufnagel sets the record straight about active roster allotment for CFL quarterbacks

“Going forward it’s mandatory that you dress two quarterbacks, you could dress three and play a player short somewhere else, that’s your decision. But I would think that most teams would dress two quarterbacks,” 

https://3downnation.com/2020/04/12/stampeders-gm-john-hufnagel-sets-the-record-straight-about-active-roster-allotment-for-cfl-quarterbacks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

On 2020-04-12 at 9:26 AM, MOBomberFan said:

I'll dig up the replay if I can. Printers had a crazy good MOP season in 2004 with BC and managed himself an NFL shot a couple years later... famously ended with the (I'm paraphrasing) 'you want me to make chicken salad but all you give me is chicken ****' line on Hard Knocks. Came back to Hamilton as the highest paid player in the league. Proceeded to stink it up and whine about it while facing much scrutiny. Limps his way back over to BC's practice roster... bides his time, Lulay gets injured... he becomes the starter... back at the top of the roster where he showed so much promise... and he chucks a pick six in the redzone OT, screams at his receiver, gets cut days later. Ended his CFL career then... he did become a backup for a season in the IFL according to the googles.

Wow, sounds like quite the drama. Thanks for explaining. 

On 2020-04-12 at 8:29 AM, MOBomberFan said:

Okay the pick wasn't in the red zone... but it was clutch

Ha ha Printers. That rough play call on BC?  That was typical of Wally's teams on the Left Coast. Undisciplined play. When he coached in Calgary that didn't seem to happen as often. When he went to BC he seemed to bring in guys that were talented but selfish Me First players. Like the DL thrown out this game & Printers. I'd put Sanchez in that category as well. 

On 2020-04-12 at 6:51 PM, Mr Dee said:

Stampeders’ GM John Hufnagel sets the record straight about active roster allotment for CFL quarterbacks

“Going forward it’s mandatory that you dress two quarterbacks, you could dress three and play a player short somewhere else, that’s your decision. But I would think that most teams would dress two quarterbacks,” 

https://3downnation.com/2020/04/12/stampeders-gm-john-hufnagel-sets-the-record-straight-about-active-roster-allotment-for-cfl-quarterbacks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Stupid rule. 

44 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Tombstone Todd Krenbrink as the first pick in the 03 draft made me go "Ooooof", and somehow I don't even remember the name Mike Morris from the 09 draft.....some crazy stuff in there that just goes to show you the CFL draft is, at best, a complete crap shoot.

On 2020-04-13 at 11:01 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ha ha Printers. That rough play call on BC?  That was typical of Wally's teams on the Left Coast. Undisciplined play. When he coached in Calgary that didn't seem to happen as often. When he went to BC he seemed to bring in guys that were talented but selfish Me First players. Like the DL thrown out this game & Printers. I'd put Sanchez in that category as well. 

I forgot how much I hated Sanchez as a player. Just a total ass, who played dirty. Thankfully he never played for the bombers. That kickoff from the oppositions 40 or whatever was pretty awesome too. I forgot about that. Should have just tried for an onside kick rather then going for the TD...

Philion was 100% a piece of ****, but I'll never be able to forgive Davis lifting his leg and pretending to pee like a dog on Khari after a sack.....that's something that will live with me forever. Those confident-for-no-reason Riders teams of the early 00s sickened me. But no question, the Als teams of the same era are right up there for me. Don Matthews fills a team with personalities just like his = everyone's a piece of ****.

One of my favourite games is this game vs Montreal in summer 2005 when we had an AWFUL team that started 0-4 (mostly because Glenn was injured and Tee Martin was playing and Kamau/Wane McGarity were dropping everything). Stanford Samuels (Bombers DB)  was a member of OB.com back then (SammySam), and he came on and was telling to make sure we didn't miss the game that week vs the Als, because they had been scheming for that game in particular since the offseason, and they had some special stuff planned. Sure enough the Bombers jumped out to a huge 20 point lead, and also sure enough, the Bombers pissed away that lead, and needed some patented last second magic from Milt Stegall to get the win. It was a hell of a game and a hell of a night. They used to show it on Classic Canada all the time...

On 2020-04-15 at 11:34 AM, Bigblue204 said:

I forgot how much I hated Sanchez as a player. Just a total ass, who played dirty. Thankfully he never played for the bombers. That kickoff from the oppositions 40 or whatever was pretty awesome too. I forgot about that. Should have just tried for an onside kick rather then going for the TD...

I remember that son of a ***** purposely concussed Milt with a dirty hit in our meaningless final game of 2002. 

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

One of my favourite games is this game vs Montreal in summer 2005 when we had an AWFUL team that started 0-4 (mostly because Glenn was injured and Tee Martin was playing and Kamau/Wane McGarity were dropping everything). Stanford Samuels (Bombers DB)  was a member of OB.com back then (SammySam), and he came on and was telling to make sure we didn't miss the game that week vs the Als, because they had been scheming for that game in particular since the offseason, and they had some special stuff planned. Sure enough the Bombers jumped out to a huge 20 point lead, and also sure enough, the Bombers pissed away that lead, and needed some patented last second magic from Milt Stegall to get the win. It was a hell of a game and a hell of a night. They used to show it on Classic Canada all the time...

yeah Charles Roberts just ran roughshod that night over the Montreal D.  One of my all-time favorite games.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah Charles Roberts just ran roughshod that night over the Montreal D.  One of my all-time favorite games.

Nearly 100 yards in the first quarter, and well over in the half. He was incredible, as were the OL...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Nearly 100 yards in the first quarter, and well over in the half. He was incredible, as were the OL...

Charles Roberts with a 69 yard TD run, how often do you see that?  Total running yards of 195 for the game.   And after going up big, Calvillo brought the Als back strong, and we had to win it on Milt's 56 yard TD catch in the 4th quarter, one of only two catches he made that day, if you can believe it, in a game that the Bombers racked up 51 points.

https://www.cfl.ca/games/1229/montreal-alouettes-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers/?_ga=2.223365592.2144037686.1587062997-1711918018.1587062997#boxscore