2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

I haven't been able to watch today (thankfully insane busy at work) but I hear it went off the rails and Darren Cameron had to shut him down at one point? 

He suggested him to, but i never saw it shut down..had it streaming for over 3 hours while I "worked" from home and it just kept rolling along...was damn good entertainment I must say. On a selfish note I sure hope his NFL chance doesn't pan out...He would be a all time great sports celebrity up in Canada without a doubt

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not sure if anything relevant will come of it, but Kyle Walters doing a QnA on Bombers Insta in half an hour...

Unless he's shotgunning beers, I'll pass. 

But seriously, what can he update us on? Draft preparation, I guess. But he won't be signing anyone of note because anyone of note would need a signing bonus, which they won't want to do now. 

well...he like me see's Exume as a guy who can push for a spot at boundary corner,,and will have opportunity to do so was one nugget....also said he (walters) won't be as entertaining as Strev, and if he doesn't stick in NFL would be welcoming him back

Josh Johnson was a guy they had looked at last year as well...likes his versatility as he can play anywhere in secondary...same with Maston once he got healthy

maybe the most interesting thing, to me, was that Americans who play CIS ball will now be considered NIs. As explained by Walters, if Brian Dobie recruits an American to U of M, and they play for 3 years and earn their degree, then they'll be declared NIs for the CFL. Pretty interesting...

On 2020-04-03 at 6:31 PM, Noeller said:

maybe the most interesting thing, to me, was that Americans who play CIS ball will now be considered NIs. As explained by Walters, if Brian Dobie recruits an American to U of M, and they play for 3 years and earn their degree, then they'll be declared NIs for the CFL. Pretty interesting...

It would be interesting to hear the CFLPAs take on that?

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Joey Elliott could have been a star if he was on a different team. 

You know, 8 years later watching that game... I remember being down on Elliott & all the other qbs the team had back then because it was so easy to blame them for what had happened. The Bombers were 5-13 in 2012 & even worse in 2013.  That 2013 team may have been the worse team ever fielded in CFL history & fans like myself were sick & tired of the lousy product being shoved at us by management. As I watched, I felt bad for Elliott because like Noeller said, he could have been a star on a different team. I don't know about being a star but certainly could have been an effective starter somewhere else. You can see the potential he had but sadly things were so bad that he was run out of town by angry fans & media. Sorry to say I was one of them. Elliot's misfortune was having really bad luck playing for the Bombers at that time. Amazing how much luck & timing plays into a career in sports. Let's face it, Elliott would never have developed here & his career had no chance with our misfit team back then.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You know, 8 years later watching that game... I remember being down on Elliott & all the other qbs the team had back then because it was so easy to blame them for what had happened. The Bombers were 5-13 in 2012 & even worse in 2013.  That 2013 team may have been the worse team ever fielded in CFL history & fans like myself were sick & tired of the lousy product being shoved at us by management. As I watched, I felt bad for Elliott because like Noeller said, he could have been a star on a different team. I don't know about being a star but certainly could have been an effective starter somewhere else. You can see the potential he had but sadly things were so bad that he was run out of town by angry fans & media. Sorry to say I was one of them. Elliot's misfortune was having really bad luck playing for the Bombers at that time. Amazing how much luck & timing plays into a career in sports. Let's face it, Elliott would never have developed here & his career had no chance with our misfit team back then.

2003 Ticats were far worse

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

2003 Ticats were far worse

I'll take your word as I forget how bad the Ti Cats were but I know that 2013 Bomber team was just a total laughing stock. Every team we played circled their calendar that year on their schedule  because it was generally a guaranteed two points for them. Low point for me was driving to Winnipeg from Calgary in September of that year & sitting thru that BC Lions game where qb Jason Boltus played after Max Hall was sacked 5 times & couldn't move the offense. Boltus went 8 of 25 for 91 yards. No TDs, 3 Ints including a Pick 6 on his first pass attempt & a QB Rating of 4.3.  Buck Pierce & Joey Elliott played & were wildly cheered by the fans that night. Only problem was they played for the Lions. We lost that night 53-17. That may have been the lowest point ever for me as a Bomber fan. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Elliot's problem was that he basically took risks in a lapo offense cause he pushed back against the play safe crap. Blame lapo not the fans.

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Anyone watching the Bomber-Ti Cat game from 2012 on TSN? 

I watched a good chunk of it just out of curiosity...  few thoughts...

-I actually cringed when I saw those gold monstrosities they called uniforms. I think I forgot how ugly those jerseys were...

- we had some good players in that defence: suber, Hefney, Bstew, marcellous bowman, Bryant turner, Alex hall (injured) and Jason Vega (inured)...

- that offensive line was so bad it was painful to watch. The offensive game plan was just pathetic. They mentioned several times on the broadcast how the bombers tore it up on the ground the prior week and it took till the third possession to call a run...

- buck pierce and Joey Eliot both showed some good things at qb but with about a half second to throw not much help there was only so much they could do. Terrance Edwards and Chris Matthews were pretty good...

- don’t want to start this fight but Matt Nichols  is miles better than any qb that played in that game...

- I appreciate even more what we’ve seen from the bombers over the last 4 years after watching that game (even though I think that was probably a .500 team with a 0% coaching staff)

One game I would love to see replayed is the home game against BC in 2010 where Alex Brink started. Brink played absolutely awful and was benched for Jyles who proceeded to lead us to a huge comeback. The game ended on a Casey Printers pick six in OT which I believe ended his CFL career. It didn’t help that Printers screamed at O’Neil Wilson after throwing that pass. 

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

One game I would love to see replayed is the home game against BC in 2010 where Alex Brink started. Brink played absolutely awful and was benched for Jyles who proceeded to lead us to a huge comeback. The game ended on a Casey Printers pick six in OT which I believe ended his CFL career. It didn’t help that Printers screamed at O’Neil Wilson after throwing that pass. 

Casey Printers career ended in Hamilton I thought? 

Brink succccccccccccked so many balls in the dirt skipping around.   

Jyles was under rated big time.  Not a great QB but light years better then so many guys between him leaving and Nichols arriving.  

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Jyles was under rated big time.  Not a great QB but light years better then so many guys between him leaving and Nichols arriving.  

Changed it for you. Brink succccccccccccked so many balls in the dirt, skipping around. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Nope, Lulay got hurt in the fourth with the Lions up 32-10 or something. Printers came in the game and the Lions ended up losing by two touchdowns in OT. 

That pick six was the last play of his CFL career because he was released the next day.