2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Has anyone heard anything about whether teams are doing one of those min-camps down south with potential new recruits? Seems to me that would normally be about this time....

As a matter of fact..

https://www.bluebombers.com/free-agent-camps/

Saturday March 7th | Miami,FL

Date: Saturday March 7, 2020
Registration Time: 10:30 am
Fee: $100.00 (cash only)
Pre-register: Email Assistant GM Danny McManus at dmcmanus@bluebombers.com or Director of National Scouting Ryan Rigmaiden at ryanrigmaiden@gmail.com.
Need to bring: Proper workout gear (this is a non-padded workout) and water

Saturday April 18th | Memphis, TN

Date: Saturday, April 18, 2020
Location: University of Memphis, Billy J Murphy Athletic Complex
Registration Time: 9:00 am
Pre-register: Email Assistant GM Danny McManus at dmcmanus@bluebombers.com or Director of National Scouting Ryan Rigmaiden at ryanrigmaiden@gmail.com.

Sunday April 19th | Dallas, TX

Date: Sunday, April 19, 2020

Saturday April 25th | Atlanta, GA

Date: Saturday, April 25, 2020

Sunday April 26th | Kutztown, PA

Date: Sunday, April 26, 2020
Registration Time: 8:00 am

Hmmm....yeah I think these are the regular ones scheduled all over. They used to do a sort of mini-camp that lasted the better part of a week and was down at a big training facility in Florida. I think the people they choose from these tryout days listed above get invites to the mini-camp in FLA....or at least they used to. 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hmmm....yeah I think these are the regular ones scheduled all over. They used to do a sort of mini-camp that lasted the better part of a week and was down at a big training facility in Florida. I think the people they choose from these tryout days listed above get invites to the mini-camp in FLA....or at least they used to. 

Ah, the ones where they bring in their core group of receivers and QBs? 

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I know what you are referring to , I think these are late April usually (although I think they may not be allowed anymore).

I remember them being pre-rookie , rookie camps.

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I remember them being pre-rookie , rookie camps.

that's exactly what it was....they were in Bradenton, FL, I think...at that massive complex. Then I think they moved it north and had it in Winnipeg. But couldn't remember when it was. I just remember it was something to break up the winter doldrums of "No CFL News" before the Draft and then Rookies-Only Camp and then Main Camp. You could be right that it doesn't exist anymore...

On 2020-03-05 at 9:03 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

I like this video. A lot.

This was a great ******* day.

Sadly, I was out of town for all the festivities but I watched a ton of videos. Was Collaros at the parade? I’ve seen a lot of Strev, Nichols, and McGuire. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

The season is in June.

Take it down a level

Pre season is subjectively irrelevant in a one off season in a worse case scenario.

Take it down a level?  The NBA suspended it's season this evening. Italy's borders are shut. Trump just closed the US borders to anyone from Europe. This is unprecedented. Do you think this will just last a few weeks & be over with?? We're a year away from a vaccine. This will get far worse before it gets better.

Edited by SpeedFlex27