2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

21 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like its always a good idea to kick the regular season off with the defending champion at home against the previous years challenger. Works great in virtually any sport. 

Love his writing and radio work. I dont know how TSN hasnt scooped him up yet tbh. But Ill be very happy if he stays here in a similar role for the long term. 

I get the impression the DB isn't interested in the amount of travel going to TSN would entail.  He already misses a fair number of out of town games.

On 2020-02-26 at 4:35 PM, WinnipegGordo said:

Wasn't it Wheeler and Hal that would call Coach Don Matthew's hotel at 7am and wake him up? 

One of the best bits Wheeler and Hal ever did was calling a "rival" morning show in Sask and convincing him to rip up his Grey Cup tickets because they were "counterfeit"... I believe the Grey Cup was in Regina that year, so my research suggests it was possibly in 2003... I don't know where to find it but it's absolute gold and I highly recommend listening to it if you can find it...

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

One of the best bits Wheeler and Hal ever did was calling a "rival" morning show in Sask and convincing him to rip up his Grey Cup tickets because they were "counterfeit"... I believe the Grey Cup was in Regina that year, so my research suggests it was possibly in 2003... I don't know where to find it but it's absolute gold and I highly recommend listening to it if you can find it...

I bet if the tape exists you could email or text Hal and he would find it for you.

Bombers add a 2 guys, S isaiah johnson (SC by way of kansas) and OL shane carpenter. https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/28/bombers-add-two-roster-12/?fbclid=IwAR2xgLDofV6OkjOgS3NrFG9fuIh0AB2lOkAtFB9vqd2MtdWh-tz_rA0S-iA

Johnson is interesting, pretty solidly a S and not a DB. Big time hitter and play maker but not a great cover guy. Average athleticism but smooth. Real good size for a CFL S. We seem all in on using an imp at S this year. 

Carpenter comes in being a guard in college despite a tall lean modern tackle build. But he did play on a deep and talented OL in college. 

On 2020-02-27 at 6:03 PM, Bigblue204 said:

Just absolutely horrific what has happened to Hefney. What kind of person gives him a sentence like that after considering the circumstances that lead up to it. Ridiculous and disgraceful.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Mentioned about two pages ago in this thread.... 

Must've some how missed it in the sea of off season banter...

2 hours ago, J5V said:

Just absolutely horrific what has happened to Hefney. What kind of person gives him a sentence like that after considering the circumstances that lead up to it. Ridiculous and disgraceful.

For hefney I wish they wouldve done some thing like donate half of the 50/50 one or two nights to him. Or part of it each night for a year. Such a sad, tragic story. And the war on drugs is a total sham.