2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

DB97 does use too many big words where something more conversational would suffice, but he's a PHENOMENAL analyst for the broadcast and a quality co-host as well. He's still young enough to be in tune with the guys on the field and knows what's going on in the room. He's also just a good dude...someone you could sit and have a beer with (tho I believe he prefers scotch), which is crucial. 

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Both DB's are annoying as **** as far as I'm concerned. Pretty sure Brown just likes to hear himself talk. Or as he would say..."I do enjoy the sound produced when I force air out of my lungs and over my vocal chords then eventually out of my mouth. They seem to form a solid base which can be relied upon when trying to communicate with another human being who is equally interested in the topic I'm discussing."

I basically am only saying Bauming will share up to the second Twitter news, so I get that at least if I'm listening on the way there.

23 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So ridiculous that we open on the road 

I feel like its always a good idea to kick the regular season off with the defending champion at home against the previous years challenger. Works great in virtually any sport. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

DB97 does use too many big words where something more conversational would suffice, but he's a PHENOMENAL analyst for the broadcast and a quality co-host as well. He's still young enough to be in tune with the guys on the field and knows what's going on in the room. He's also just a good dude...someone you could sit and have a beer with (tho I believe he prefers scotch), which is crucial. 

Love his writing and radio work. I dont know how TSN hasnt scooped him up yet tbh. But Ill be very happy if he stays here in a similar role for the long term. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Love his writing and radio work. I dont know how TSN hasnt scooped him up yet tbh. But Ill be very happy if he stays here in a similar role for the long term. 

He was with TSN T.O. but he wanted to stay in Wpg, I believe. Yes, TSN Wpg could probably offer him a bunch of money to go across teh street, but I really think he's happy with OB. He does well...

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I basically am only saying Bauming will share up to the second Twitter news, so I get that at least if I'm listening on the way there.

Bauming and Hamilton also make an effort to follow the team closely. Bauming is more in tune with what's going on with the Bombers than Irving. I like listening to Bob but he talks about the team in generalities while Bauming knows more about the current status of players, etc.

4 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Bauming and Hamilton also make an effort to follow the team closely. Bauming is more in tune with what's going on with the Bombers than Irving. I like listening to Bob but he talks about the team in generalities while Bauming knows more about the current status of players, etc.

Agree with that

12 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Bauming is more in tune with what's going on with the Bombers than Irving

This is 100% false. Nobody is more "in tune" than Irving. In fact, several times in the past couple years, he has broken major stories a day before info became public. I'm certain that, as the house broadcaster, he's given scoops before anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is 100% false. Nobody is more "in tune" than Irving. In fact, several times in the past couple years, he has broken major stories a day before info became public. I'm certain that, as the house broadcaster, he's given scoops before anyone else. 

When was the last time that Irving was the first to report the salary of any player?

3 hours ago, JCon said:

:337_fire:

Sweet Jesus I could live 1000 lives and never get tired of watching that Thiadric Hansen hit! The other angle is even better, he lifts the Hamilton blocker like 3 feet into the air and launches him like a freaking torpedo into the returner. Why do my shorts get tighter every time I watch that clip?!?!?

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Another thing that's important, the greatest reporters don't give out all the info they have. You build credibility and trust with the organization by keeping a lot of things under your hat. Being in a rush to be the first guy to give out info you're not supposed to (injury and money stuff) is a quick way to getting yourself blackballed by the team. 

When the team has exciting stuff coming and they wanna leak info, the first guy they'll go to is the guy they trust.