2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

20 hours ago, Booch said:

players fall through cracks...politics...draft pick alway kept over a free agent signee even if not as good...lots goes on down there that affects things, and not always the right thing either

Really small school - Played against not very good players, with not very good players, in a not very good division.

Doesn't mean he couldn't be an NFL level talent... just might not have gotten the chance to show it.

36 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Really small school - Played against not very good players, with not very good players, in a not very good division.

Doesn't mean he couldn't be an NFL level talent... just might not have gotten the chance to show it.

yes...hence my mentioning of polo tics and the draft stigma...an undrafted guy..especially from Div II/III schools will always get cut and not PR before any drafy pick...or veteran free agent signee...thats just how it goes there...and a lot of times that player never gets a legit shot

A buddy of mine got into a Pittsburgh Penguins camp one year (years ago) as a walk-on and outscored every prospect, FA and other walk-ons in camp. He was older than 25, 5-9-ish and never got a sniff.  His friend (who played 900 games in the NHL) always told my buddy that he was a way better hockey player than he ever was.

Good players don't always get the breaks they need.

37 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

A buddy of mine got into a Pittsburgh Penguins camp one year (years ago) as a walk-on and outscored every prospect, FA and other walk-ons in camp. He was older than 25, 5-9-ish and never got a sniff.  His friend (who played 900 games in the NHL) always told my buddy that he was a way better hockey player than he ever was.

Good players don't always get the breaks they need.

There's the problem right there. To make it as a smaller guy you have to be really standing out above everyone else cause size always works against you.

I really feel like that's over stated. Yes they have to have commercials to pay the bills (it's friggin popular, so they can sell what they want for however much they want) but there's a ton of great content from the absolute best in the biz. 

This mid winter special is something I dearly look forward to every year at this time. Can't freaking WAIT... 

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really feel like that's over stated. Yes they have to have commercials to pay the bills (it's friggin popular, so they can sell what they want for however much they want) but there's a ton of great content from the absolute best in the biz. 

This mid winter special is something I dearly look forward to every year at this time. Can't freaking WAIT... 

I don't feel that it's over stated. I refuse to listen to the shows because it completely kills any kind of flow and it's so choppy with all the interruptions.

It's the complete opposite of what is popular now in sports radio which is podcasts that provide tonnes of content which can be accessed anywhere with minimal to no interruptions.

Well the shows are available in podcast form after the fact, so all the ******* millennials expecting access to everything as soon as they want it and for free, can have it. But for me, the content you get from CJOB stuff is worth the ad breaks. The only thing shitty about CJOB stuff is the phone-in stuff. **** are the "fan" phone ins brutal. That's when I shut it off. But if it's Irving interviewing someone or bullshitting with co-hosts, then it's golden...