2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I think in this particular situation he is pursuing an experimental treatment (not covered in Canada) that has been working, and incurring all the costs that go along with that.

Ah, ok.  Thanks for clearing that up.  Hope things work out for him, and in that case, all the more power to Couture in getting the biggest payday he can.

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

looking back in the thread ... where does all this "MBT is looney" stuff come from?  does the guy have legit diagnosable illnesses or is he just a wacky character or what?

Hes ******* nuts. This is just one example but he did an interview with Irving where he talked about listening to the voices in his head and both Irving and Brown, being as polite as they could, both were insinuating that he's completely insane. 

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hes ******* nuts. This is just one example but he did an interview with Irving where he talked about listening to the voices in his head and both Irving and Brown, being as polite as they could, both were insinuating that he's completely insane. 

Well, the voices in his head keep telling him he's the starter when Nichols is making three times the money on a three year deal to his one. 

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, the voices in his head keep telling him he's the starter when Nichols is making three times the money on a three year deal to his one. 

Are the voices also saying  that he'll also be MVP and argo's will rule the east...IF that's the case Pinball might have to take him for a noggin assessment

26 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Are the voices also saying  that he'll also be MVP and argo's will rule the east...IF that's the case Pinball might have to take him for a noggin assessment

In fairness, he needs to hear voices in his head, because he sure as hell isn't going to be hearing any coming from the stands in TO.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yeah after his comeback win over the Bombers he mentioned his ancestors where there with him on the field and stuff like that. He's definitely out there.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's exactly the same. Hes gets **** on. But players who talk about an imaginary man in the sky looking out for them or helping them are totally normal. Lol

One just happens to be a pillar of Western civilization.  But we live in a free country, so feel free to carry on. 

On 2020-02-08 at 4:07 PM, johnzo said:

looking back in the thread ... where does all this "MBT is looney" stuff come from?  does the guy have legit diagnosable illnesses or is he just a wacky character or what?

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/02/oleary-bethel-thompson-harnesses-karmic-energy-argos-first-win-season/

“My ancestors were there tonight, I could feel them floating with me and I just let go. When you believe in karmic energy and space and time, everything happens at the same time. (My ancestors) were with me. I just thank them and thank them for having my back and thank them for the moment.”

and that was just the tip of the iceberg

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/02/oleary-bethel-thompson-harnesses-karmic-energy-argos-first-win-season/

“My ancestors were there tonight, I could feel them floating with me and I just let go. When you believe in karmic energy and space and time, everything happens at the same time. (My ancestors) were with me. I just thank them and thank them for having my back and thank them for the moment.”

I don't know... he sounds like this dude:

wwe-legend-ultimate-warrior-2_crop_north

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That's pretty tame compared to some of the crap he was saying when he was in NFL camps. He is kind of a running joke down there. Some players were apparently freaked out by him. Dude has NFL level talent with the brain of a 60s hippy.