2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

well he went 12-19 for 146 yards...no picks in pre-season...which doesn't mean much, but shows he can chuck a pill....playing against lesser talent for sure...but also playing with for most part guys who were cut too...

Oh don't worry - I'm on board with McGuire... but he had one meh game in pre-season and one good game - that's not enough

There's no way I want to have him as #2 heading into this season - I still want us to develop a QB and while I'm hoping Streveler is that guy, I don't want to rush McGuire

Hopefully Streveler is back and we can run McGuire as the new 'gadget' QB on a few plays to get him some gametime

14 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Oh don't worry - I'm on board with McGuire... but he had one meh game in pre-season and one good game - that's not enough

There's no way I want to have him as #2 heading into this season - I still want us to develop a QB and while I'm hoping Streveler is that guy, I don't want to rush McGuire

Hopefully Streveler is back and we can run McGuire as the new 'gadget' QB on a few plays to get him some gametime

Prepare to be disappointed then. He will 100% be the back up (outside of Strev coming back).

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

Once again we are over-estimating our third stringer without any actual evidence...  he has thrown three passes at full CFL game speed

If Nichols is not back, Walters will bring in a journeyman backup - MBT, Davis, Kilgore - someone at that level whether we approve or not

McGuire is 23... he needs 2-3 years at least before stepping up - Streveler wasn't mentally ready to be a #1 QB and probably still isn't

Why the hell would we bring in crap like Kilgore or Davis who have shown that they suck and cannot amount to anything?  I'd way rather play McGuire and experience the growing pains then to waste time with guys who have never shown anything.

I'd be ok with MBT since he has at least shown that he can perform at times.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Why the hell would we bring in crap like Kilgore or Davis who have shown that they suck and cannot amount to anything?  I'd way rather play McGuire and experience the growing pains then to waste time with guys who have never shown anything.

I'd be ok with MBT since he has at least shown that he can perform at times.

Considering the disaster that the Argos were for most of last year, MBT did surprisingly well. He got up after each clobber he absorbed without glowering at his O-line, and looked competent a lot of the time. With a primo O-line and decent, stable coaching, he ought to look a lot better.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Considering the disaster that the Argos were for most of last year, MBT did surprisingly well. He got up after each clobber he absorbed without glowering at his O-line, and looked competent a lot of the time. With a primo O-line and decent, stable coaching, he ought to look a lot better.

That beard, though.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

and that's fine.....but it's not how MOS builds a team, thank goodness....

A coach doesnt build the roster, and the only difference is our nut balls are likable. Your avatar and his bff are both 100% as nutty as MBT. They are just far more likable. 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

You have not been paying attention to how The Trinity works....

I mean ... our star player last year was a guy who is not in the NFL because he loved hanging out asleep with Josh Gordon in Taco Bell drive thrus, we just signed a guy who had a run of making drunk driving a hobby and the funniest part is you keep going on like “The Trinity” would never entertain the idea of bringing in MBT ... except the Bombers are the team that brought him into this league to begin with ...