2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Hopefully he wants to follow in daddy foot steps

Meh. Being Canadian would help but I don’t see how this guy is a guaranteed impact add to any roster the way Farhan claims.

Dont get me wrong I still hope we’re the ones who sign him but he’s no guarantee. 

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

Meh. Being Canadian would help but I don’t see how this guy is a guaranteed impact add to any roster the way Farhan claims.

Dont get me wrong I still hope we’re the ones who sign him but he’s no guarantee. 

Yeah he is a bit of an unknown wildcard but being a national with skill obviously as he played significant NFL reps he us easily rostered and can back up import or national reciever spots as well as return

I'm not sure if the Nichols is upset article has any truth/merit to it.

Lets say it is true,   then is this really a surprise.  I've pointed out numerous times over the last two seasons where Nichols has not accepted any blame and likes to pass the buck when it comes to his own poor play.  He's not a Duron Carter level diva,  but he has shown in the past that his emotions gets the best of him and I have not listened to an interview after a rough outing where he lumps the team in playing not well rather then saying he had a poor performance and needs to be better himself.

I don't give an F if his feelings are hurt... if it's all about loyalty and wanting to win then why not accept a back up salary with performance bonuses in order to stay with the Blue and Gold?

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Boo-hoo. That's professional sports. What have you done for me lately. Collaros has more tools in his tool box and the Bombers realize it.

Shame, the Bombers or Collaros  do not win a G.C. without the leadership Nichols provided since arriving in 2015.  Colour your world with the shitty end of the stick if that's what you prefer.

27 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Shame, the Bombers or Collaros  do not win a G.C. without the leadership Nichols provided since arriving in 2015.  Colour your world with the shitty end of the stick if that's what you prefer.

And that is pro sports and a lot of businesses, too.

That article is purely fishing for a story. Notice how the quotes are all from an agent and not the player? Guarantee that Naylor reached out to anyone who would talk just to get something to drive clicks. So he got the agent who is clearly going to be stoking the fires trying to get his client the best pay day possible. 

Here's what I'd suspect: Nichols wants to stay as the starter for the Bombers and if they told him they were going to prioritize Collaros then yeah he would be disappointed, and that's understandable. But let's not pretend that it's Nichols out there raising a stink. He's handling it out of the public spotlight. 

13 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Pretty sure Arbuckle gets a say in that... He was in Ottawa for the past few days but left without a deal which could mean he intends to see what he's worth on the open market.

His agent wasn't with him on his visit and there have not been any negotiations yet according to Farhan Lalji and John Rodenburg (TSN radio guy in Ottawa).

15 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Hot take: Arbuckle isn't signing in Ottawa. Their OL is a mess and he knows it.

Hot take: Unless we sign him he is going to a team whose OL is a hot mess. If I were Arbuckle and I had to choose a Lapo offence with Bob Wylie to coach up the OL it would look much better to me than a TO led by Jarious Jackson offence. Methinks there is more at play then best fit ($).

Edited by GCn20

12 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sounds like they might already have an agreement lined up with Collaros, otherwise there's no reason for O'Shea to broach this news to Nichols.

We have no idea what was actually discussed, so it's probably best to not assume anything just yet.

This whole situation puts the Bombers in a bit of a precarious position. It'd suck to see agents use this as leverage for the respective clients.

12 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

We have no idea what was actually discussed, so it's probably best to not assume anything just yet.

This whole situation puts the Bombers in a bit of a precarious position. It'd suck to see agents use this as leverage for the respective clients.

There’s also plenty of reason for them to tell Nichols ahead of time.

Mainly, respect towards a human who has contributed a lot to our franchise.

lots of people forget that while the club is a business, when your business is people you really need to always remember that respect goes a long way. 

(I know you know all this, just couldn’t find the post you replied to so I quoted yours instead)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

There’s also plenty of reason for them to tell Nichols ahead of time.

Mainly, respect towards a human who has contributed a lot to our franchise.

lots of people forget that while the club is a business, when your business is people you really need to always remember that respect goes a long way. 

(I know you know all this, just couldn’t find the post you replied to so I quoted yours instead)

Do the Bombers feel confident in their ability to sign Collaros?    They must because it's not how they normally operate.   They don't publicly throw their players under the bus.