2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

In preseason McGuire showed a lot of poise and confidence in the pocket..has that instinctive ability to sit in there..find his reads and make all the throws.

He's also athletic and can run effectively if need be..

I like his potential. A lot, so much so that I got mocked earlier. 

Not sure I want him being tossed the keys yet, on paper.

That is all. I hope he blows the doors off in camp.

10 hours ago, CodyT said:

Sorry to say, but it's you wrong here. I wouldn't call Buck all that successful either. He had shown moments of promise but the injuries ultimately defined his career.

I loved him as a quarterback but even. in 2011 he was no superstar 

So you have to be a superstar to be successful? That means there are very few successful athletes out there...

-uLda0lg_bigger.jpg

#Bombers announce multiple changes to offensive staff; Buck Pierce named OC. will move from Running Backs Coach to Receivers Coach. And the team has also added Pete Costanza to O Staff (RB’s). He spent the last 12 seasons with the Stampeders as their Receivers Coach.

7 hours ago, Booch said:

In preseason McGuire showed a lot of poise and confidence in the pocket..has that instinctive ability to sit in there..find his reads and make all the throws.

He's also athletic and can run effectively if need be..

Based on what I've seen from the guy I'd say he's already a much more capable passer than Streveler. He has serious upside to be a starting QB in this league. When you have a guy like that you need to elevate them and give them opportunities. 

12 hours ago, Captain Blue said:

Arbuckle would be my first choice but that dream seems dead. Can't imagine Ottawa lets him even get to free agency. 

Collaros is a good fit for the offense though. Can't fault them for thinking we want to see more of that.

Pretty sure Arbuckle gets a say in that... He was in Ottawa for the past few days but left without a deal which could mean he intends to see what he's worth on the open market.

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Pretty sure Arbuckle gets a say in that... He was in Ottawa for the past few days but left without a deal which could mean he intends to see what he's worth on the open market.

It only makes sense for him to have Toronto and Ottawa bid up each other and cash in on a bigger pay day.   

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Dinwiddie in TO has got to be attractive to him...  they still have a good OL and Derel Walker

58 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Sounds like Rasheed Bailey is excited..

“I’ll Start By Saying Congratulations Coach Buck @pierceQB11 Nobody’s More Deserving Of The Job Than You . I’ve Watched You Everyday Layout All The Ground Work For This Moment. Can’t Wait For You To Lead Us This Year” 🙏🏽

That's an understatement, when Bailey gets talking he scares me.

16 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That's an understatement, when Bailey gets talking he scares me.

he was super cool after the GC game, going around and shaking hands with every fan around the stadium. Had a LOT of family there with him....he was digging the moment.