2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think those are just decals on an inexpensive replica style belt. You can get some cheap customization though most legitimate places won’t use someone else’s logo.  Easy enough to print a decent decal. 

The original was but he sent out for a place that makes belts for amateur wrestling shows to do this one. There was a story right after the grey cup about it.

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's based on him being a successful quarterback in the CFL. 

Don't want to be *that* guy.... but he wasn't really that successful in his career.  Losing record and very average stats.    The guy had a lot of heart and his injury history definitely derailed his career.   I wouldn't say the guy was *successful* though.   

But this doesn't matter because lots of coaches were crap players and still had great coaching careers.    

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Don't want to be *that* guy.... but he wasn't really that successful in his career.  Losing record and very average stats.    The guy had a lot of heart and his injury history definitely derailed his career.   I wouldn't say the guy was *successful* though.   

But this doesn't matter because lots of coaches were crap players and still had great coaching careers.    

Injuries were his problem - his 'average' stats were because he only played half seasons...

54 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's ok, everyone is entitled to be wrong.

As you prove week in and week out.

Buck the QB was a warrior, not the smartest guy on the field. He took the hits to make the plays which cost him a lot of playing time. Streveler might be able to play like that, but Collaros/Nichols wouldn't last 3 weeks.

WINNIPEG, MB., January 20, 2020 –   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American defensive end Justin Alexandre and American linebacker Dylan Donahue.

Alexandre (6-5, 256, Incarnate Word, November 12, 1997, Elmont, NY) recorded 55 tackles, 8.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in 11 games in his senior year with Incarnate Word and was named to the 2018 Southland All-Conference first team. In August 2019 Alexandre saw action against the New York Giants in his first NFL preseason game.

Donahue (6-3, 247, West Georgia, August 20, 1992, Palo Alto, CA) was a member of the Atlanta Legends in the Alliance of American Football League. Donahue graduated from West in 2011 and played collegiately at Division II West Georgia and was selected in the fifth round of the 2017 NFL draft by the Jets and appeared in four games.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/01/20/bombers-add-two-roster-11/?fbclid=IwAR0pojt58npjE6oTWdzK-G7mYXbNb_RPX23KvFBfjee6aEYzfn28x9FHbjA

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Aside from one *good* season with BC how was he successful?  Losing record and was hurt every year?    

How was he not? Played in more than one championship, won one... yeah he's not an all timer or anything but the dude was a successful qb. Just short lived because of the injuries.

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's ok, everyone is entitled to be wrong.

Sorry to say, but it's you wrong here. I wouldn't call Buck all that successful either. He had shown moments of promise but the injuries ultimately defined his career.

I loved him as a quarterback but even. in 2011 he was no superstar