2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

5 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Not butthurt at all,  just pointing out a bit of hypocrisy.  And I would appreciate the trolls stopping the attacks on Lapolice,  he just helped us win a cup.

Hypocrisy??? That's rich. The only troll I know for sure that is here is you. And that spin about LaPo doesn't help. Just makes you look even more like a fool.  

6949aa8f12e1956a3114aa92a181755b.jpg

Edited by SpeedFlex27

The 3DownNation all-decade CFL team: offensive line

Tackles - Stanley Bryant, Jovan Olafioye, and Chris Van Zeyl
Guards - Brendon LaBatte, Ryan Bomben, and Peter Dyakowski
Centres - John Gott, Luc Brodeur-Jourdain

3DownNation-Depth-Chart-Offensive-Line.j

https://3downnation.com/2019/12/27/the-3downnation-all-decade-cfl-team-offensive-line/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

As another year comes to a close, CFL.ca’s writers and staff vote on year-end accolades for eight major categories: Newsmaker, Person, Story, Comeback, Breakout Star, One-Game Performance, Game and Canadian.

Let’s look back on the best of 2019 in the eyes of our writers:

Not unexpectedly we did rather well:

NEWSMAKER OF THE YEAR:

ANDREW HARRIS

PERSON OF THE YEAR:

ZACH COLLAROS

COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

ZACH COLLAROS

CANADIAN OF THE YEAR:

THE CANADIAN MAFIA

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/12/30/andrew-harris-named-cfl-cas-top-newsmaker-2019/

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton

The Canadian Football League (@CFL): where you can get arrested not once, not twice but for 3 incidents for DUI, including driving the wrong way and crashing into a bus. Welcome to the #Bombers Dylan Donahue, who was also suspended 14 games in '18 for violating substance abuse.

Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton 50m50 minutes ago

My mistake, arrested twice for two incidents, the most recent in 2018. Point still stands.

9 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton

The Canadian Football League (@CFL😞 where you can get arrested not once, not twice but for 3 incidents for DUI, including driving the wrong way and crashing into a bus. Welcome to the #Bombers Dylan Donahue, who was also suspended 14 games in '18 for violating substance abuse.

Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton 50m50 minutes ago

My mistake, arrested twice for two incidents, the most recent in 2018. Point still stands.

I'm not sure I understand Jeff Hamilton's take on this. Is he saying that the CFL should not allow any players who have had legal problems to play? Because that's one of the reasons why some talented players end up here - i.e. Willie Jefferson and many, many others. We've always been kind of a second chance league.

Or, is his take that we should only allow players that have had certain types of legal problems? I think the CFL already does that, at least to an extent. Past DUI's and marijuana charges - seem to not entirely exclude players from trying out, depending on the circumstances. Serious legal issues - assault, murder, etc - I think the CFL bans those players entirely. Example - Ray Rice. I seem to remember the CFL making a statement saying he would never be allowed to play here, which makes total sense.

I also trust that the Bombers are pretty good on doing their due diligence. Walters and O'Shea seem pretty good at choosing character players. You'd have to think that perhaps this player has learned from his transgressions, and perhaps even is dealing with any substance abuse issues. Seems like Hamilton forgets that people are capable of doing that. 

I guess I'm a bit confused by Hamilton's takes on things. And still salty that he was one of the anti Harris for MOP ring leaders. 

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

We have wife beaters and crack dealers and drunk drivers in our league right now. Can’t take a stance on the new guy until you deal with those. 

Don't forget a player that regularly tweeted antisemitic comments and was allowed to keep playing.