2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

On 2019-12-12 at 9:07 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Apparently the Als are heaving a hard time filling the  GM  position because nobody wants to deal with the sad bald guy that's been squatting in the team shower room for some time now.

26484c8b-6f8e-470c-85f8-0725e005b22e_TVA

Also reports of Joe Mack sitting in on interviews snorting loudly have been described as "highly disturbing" by a number of candidates.

BOMBERS_Joe_Mack_120918_bombers_02.jpg

Is that Sylvester Stallone????

28 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I'm definitely hoping he kills it.

He's what u look for in a big bodied guy..huge catch radius for sure.

But why we teach hand catching and work on guys to do it instinctively.. makes them really effective in and out of routes..but more so for contested balls..and balls in traffic...very low rate of it getting jarred out or broken up..especially when u are 6'3' or bigger

2 hours ago, Booch said:

He's what u look for in a big bodied guy..huge catch radius for sure.

But why we teach hand catching and work on guys to do it instinctively.. makes them really effective in and out of routes..but more so for contested balls..and balls in traffic...very low rate of it getting jarred out or broken up..especially when u are 6'3' or bigger

Can't argue with that. Also agree with his desire to block being a big plus.

The biggest thing to me watching that video is his fluidity looks a little underwhelming.

Being 6'6" will make it look more laboured , but even taking that into account it looks a little rigid.

Hopefully he looks better in person in that area.

27 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Can't argue with that. Also agree with his desire to block being a big plus.

The biggest thing to me watching that video is his fluidity looks a little underwhelming.

Being 6'6" will make it look more laboured , but even taking that into account it looks a little rigid.

Hopefully he looks better in person in that area.

In order to find one or two decent receivers per year it seems they need to bring in at least 10 with amazing highlight reels.  All are talented, but most just don't make it.

Wow! Stewart looks to be the best of the bunch there to me but they all look great!

I'm getting so excited to see what Walter's can do as he continues to build this team.

With Lapo gone and the possibility of a more exciting offensive game plan along with some super talented receivers possibly making the team, and with our great offensive line, we could be in for a very exciting season.

This is shaping up to be the most exciting off-season in many years and with the lure of another championship possible as this team peaks and continues to grow we could be in for some very good times.

I'm hoping beyond hope that this is the year that Chris Streveler gets truly unleashed upon the CFL with a host of great play-makers and an offensive coordinator that designs an offense around this young man's strengths. 

Edited by J5V

14 minutes ago, J5V said:

I'm hoping beyond hope that this is the year that Chris Streveler gets truly unleashed upon the CFL with a host of great play-makers and an offensive coordinator that designs an offense around this young man's strengths. 

So do I but he has to learn the passing game. That should be his priority. He has to learn to rely less on his legs & more on his arm. He'll be much more dangerous if defenses have to respect the fact he is a passer. He'll never be Dieter Brock or Ricky Ray but he can be very effective.  As a pro qb this is his next logical step.