2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Means nothing..he's sporting his bomber gear on instagram...and he is saying he is in the offseason..if he was hanging em up it wouldn't be off season

And I doubt we wouldn't re-sign him..

Well who wouldn’t  want to be  attached to a winner. Even though there’s no formal affiliation. 

Edited by B-F-F-C

Buck Pierce is the leading candidate to be the next OC.

Interestingly, Jeff Hamilton has this to say about Osh not re-signing yet:

Replying to
Funny thing is, I wouldn't classify this as a delay at all. Mike O'Shea is very meticulous with what he does after every season (player meetings, season breakdown work, etc.) that a contract is probably the last thing on his mind.

Hamilton is pretty reliable with this stuff. Also, I think LaPo would have been the Osh replacement (like it or not) and do not think he would have watched LaPo leave and then bolt to another team.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Buck Pierce is the leading candidate to be the next OC.

Interestingly, Jeff Hamilton has this to say about Osh not re-signing yet:

Replying to
Funny thing is, I wouldn't classify this as a delay at all. Mike O'Shea is very meticulous with what he does after every season (player meetings, season breakdown work, etc.) that a contract is probably the last thing on his mind.

Hamilton is pretty reliable with this stuff. Also, I think LaPo would have been the Osh replacement (like it or not) and do not think he would have watched LaPo leave and then bolt to another team.

Totally.

And, I know I keep harping on this, but they need to extend Walters too per their practice. They'll want both deals in place before they make the announcement. 

We're only in the seventh day of advent, people. The best surprises are always saved nearer to the end. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What was written here you object to? Seems like a story with no opinion, just factual statements.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm surprised they gave him a say in hiring his boss.

I'm not actually that surprised... The guy turned what everyone expected to be a complete dumpster fire into a relatively exciting team that didn't feel like an automatic to lose in the first round.  Also he was doing some of the GM duties through the start of the year.

Also - Montreal absolutely didn't want to lose Khari - Having him coach the team means more people in the stadium.

Rigmaiden spent 6 years in BC so Wally & Khari (to a lesser extent I would imagine) both worked with him and should have a good idea what he can do.  They were also very quickly running out of candidates who were interested in the job so it seems like an easy choice for them.