2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

49 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

extremely disappointing... I think he would've been a league all-star next year... but best of luck to him...  We got 12 great games out of him this year and if he never plays another snap with the Blue and Gold, I hope it's because he's an NFL millionaire...

8 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Well at least we saw him for a season. If not for his injury we wouldn't even have seen him in Blue & Gold.  In the end it might have worked out for both parties. 

yes at least we got a year out of him, which is more than I can say for a lot of our other draft picks, like that Mulumba guy that Mack drafted a few years ago that never played a down in the NFL, but hung on to practice rosters for years.  

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

extremely disappointing... I think he would've been a league all-star next year... but best of luck to him...  We got 12 great games out of him this year and if he never plays another snap with the Blue and Gold, I hope it's because he's an NFL millionaire...

good deeds come back to you though...we technically didn't have to let him go, so good chance if he becomes a Mulumba down there with a season..or two...then PR to PR very likely he will re-sign with us...and be an even better player

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

good deeds come back to you though...we technically didn't have to let him go, so good chance if he becomes a Mulumba down there with a season..or two...then PR to PR very likely he will re-sign with us...and be an even better player

as long as he doesn't come back having gained 100 lbs and totally roided up - need speed, not bulk.

5 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

This probably puts an end to the idea of re-signing zach. Keeping the first round could be crucial now considering there are a couple defensive ends that should be available in the first round.

Winnipeg product Mason Bennett is a DE who was ranked 9th in the initial rankings.

14 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Winnipeg product Mason Bennett is a DE who was ranked 9th in the initial rankings.

Pretty difficult to find a Natl. DE good enough to supplement Willie and Jeffcoat without a major drop-off, they got fairly lucky with Kongbo.  It would be good to  draft a  Natl. Safety or a solid WIL,  as it is Exume and Briggs may be able to rotate in more next season.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Pretty difficult to find a Natl. DE good enough to supplement Willie and Jeffcoat without a major drop-off, they got fairly lucky with Kongbo.  It would be good to  draft a  Natl. Safety or a solid WIL,  as it is Exume and Briggs may be able to rotate in more next season.

I agree we got lucky with Kongbo... if not for his injury, he would never have been here in the 1st place.  I was just throwing Bennett's name out there as he was A) local and B) ranked right where the Bombers are picking.  The draft pool and it's rankings are always changing so projecting what we might do at this point is 100% speculation... exactly what the off-season is for!