2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

shared and discussed all day yesterday......ridiculous headline with zero substance in the actual article to back it up. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Basically saying things that even the most casual of a fan could have assumed or stated

When I read "Junk''s article the first thing I thought was "He's been reading MBB, he should properly credit his sources."

I'm also wondering if maybe the fan speculation on Gaitor has run amok and maybe the relationship didn't end as we might think. In fact, I would prefer to think that. I'm happy he holds no ill will towards the Bombers and thinks of himself as one of us.

I guess he retires a Bomber even though he's probably better known as a Lion?

2 minutes ago, blue_or_die said:

I'm also wondering if maybe the fan speculation on Gaitor has run amok and maybe the relationship didn't end as we might think. In fact, I would prefer to think that. I'm happy he holds no ill will towards the Bombers and thinks of himself as one of us.

Hard to say. It does make me wonder if there's more to story and if perhaps the injury he sustained influenced his decision to move on from football (he's missed a fair amount of time due to injuries), and not just whatever role change he was being asked to take on.

And FWIW, he did play 24 games as a Bomber, one more than his 23 he did as a Lion.

14 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hard to say. It does make me wonder if there's more to story and if perhaps the injury he sustained influenced his decision to move on from football (he's missed a fair amount of time due to injuries), and not just whatever role change he was being asked to take on.

And FWIW, he did play 24 games as a Bomber, one more than his 23 he did as a Lion.

Good to know. Thought he was a Lion for a really long time but I guess not.

An extra game with and a ring with us = retire a Bomber.

46 minutes ago, blue_or_die said:

Fan speculation running amok would someone floating the idea that he couldn't get back across the border after going home for the bye week. The comments that @Booch made were close to exact comments by Osh on the coaches show. I heard it as being as close as Osh has ever been calling out a player and basically said he quit on the team.

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Well, does Gaitor deserve a ring? Id say he does as he was a part of the team and roster. Dont know the whole  there tho. If he bailed then maybe he doesnt deserve a ring but the bombers are a classy group and would likely send him one anyways. 

He sure doesn't deserve a ring, everything he did was erased when he refused to take on a new role and didn't return after the bye week. If the reports of his IG post are correct I view that as him angling at getting a ring that he doesn't deserve.

I think I'll just leave it to the Bombers to decide who gets a ring and who doesn't.  They're the only one's who's opinions count in this matter because they are the only one's that know the whole story.  If they think he deserves on great, if they don't that's just fine too.

Edited by WBBFanWest
typing while concussed

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Damn, didn't even get one year out of him, what happened to the two year rookie contract?

He was on a 3 year deal...buuut I'm guessing the interest must be significant for them to do this. Good luck to him. Hopefully he comes back if he is ever done with the NFL. That is a significant blow to the ratio though.

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

Did the league ever change the rule so that the team that drafted him retains his rights?

Or is he just a straight FA upon his return to the CFL?

The CFL did...the NFL hasn't. In fact the NFL has told their clubs to not sign any players currently under contract in the CFL. So it kind of makes that rule change useless. Which is why the Bombers had to release Kongbo.

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

Did the league ever change the rule so that the team that drafted him retains his rights?

Do we look the Riders? Of course there is nothing. Riders get the special privilege but no one else. 

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

Did the league ever change the rights so that the team that drafted him retains his rights?

The NFL has not accepted the terms of the "NFL Window" yet, it remains to be seen if they will.

"But the NFL never agreed to the conditions the CFL wants attached to letting players free from their contracts, including that players must make an active NFL roster, not a practice roster. The CFL is also insisting that players who fail to make an NFL roster have their playing rights revert to their CFL clubs after clearing NFL waivers.

The conditions the CFL wants to apply are the same ones that existed when the NFL window was part of the CBA (the window was removed as part of the agreement signed in 2010). What has changed is the NFL’s stance on being willing to accept those conditions."

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-payers-stuck-in-limbo-with-nfl-window-issues-unresolved-1.1408559