2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

First time in 29 years where the off season is a not a time to be bemoaning a missed Grey Cup- how sweet it is.

Figured we can park all Blue Bomber going ons for this off-season here in this thread.

Starting with this:

Let's get this guy Locked up for the foreseeable future...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

It will be interesting to see what the Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers do first.

Will the Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign their coaches first?

Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign some FAs first?

I am excited to see what the Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers do next. 

The Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

It will be interesting to see what the Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers do first.

Will the Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign their coaches first?

Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers sign some FAs first?

I am excited to see what the Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers do next. 

The Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers

As Grey Cup Champions, I would expect that them to lock up their Grey Cup Champion Coaches. I bet Grey Cup winning Head Coach, MOS,  has already agreed and Grey Cup Champion President & CEO, Miller, is working on extending Grey Cup Champion General Manager, Walters. 

Edited by JCon

I would hope we can extend Jefferson..Bryant..Hardrick..Rose..Sayles..Nevis..Woli and one of Neuf and Couture prior to official free agency...or right at beginning if/when they wanted to just see what market was....a scenario I likely see happening...that would be a successful off-season in regards to our own guys.....the others if any can be re-upped is gravy, but we may already have in house guys thee to step in, or are looking at a specific free-agent from elsewhere

As for QB...we need to lock up Strev and whoever the vet is (Matt..Zack) either or will do us just fine while Strev develops.

A pretty doable and realistic free-agency if you ask me

Just now, Brandon said:

I'm guessing for the QB spot they really need to figure out who will be the OC first.....   worst case scenario would Strev + McGuire be the end of everything?   

I'd have to say no...to be honest..may be up and down and some rough spots...but exciting as all hell...and if we have a new OC who has a more gunslinger mentality...that may just be the tonic Strev needs....guy can pass and make all the throws needed...he just needs some game plans where he gets to chuck it 25-30 times a game and get in a rhythm

46 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

So is Willy J! 

He will go to highest bidder but Winnipeg has a special place for him and his wife as this is the place they met. They had this online thing going on and he flew her up here for the GC at IGF. A few years and kids later... 

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He will go to highest bidder but Winnipeg has a special place for him and his wife as this is the place they met. They had this online thing going on and he flew her up here for the GC at IGF. A few years and kids later... 

He met her in college but reconnected with her for the GC. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Not quite, they re-connected when he invited her up here in 2015 but had met at a party when they were at Baylor (2009 or 2010).  How/where they met is irrelevant as the main point is that they both seemed to like it here very much.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Blue #Bombers CEO Wade Miller says the football club is on pace to set a sales record for the most #GreyCup merchandise sold. "I have no doubt we will surpass Saskatchewan’s record set in 2013." #ForTheW 

And I haven't even started buying yet.  Going to get all my Sherpas some nice parting gifts!

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm guessing for the QB spot they really need to figure out who will be the OC first.....   worst case scenario would Strev + McGuire be the end of everything?   

Would be a exciting season, likely somewhere between 8-10 and 10-8 with a playoff appearance. 

I’d be even less apprehensive about it in 2021, would still like a vet here in 2020