2020 CFL Free-Agents

M.O.A.B.

43 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Here is a question for you Booch you have to pick 10 guys from the NFL to play in CFL who are they? Any position. 

Off top of my head currently playing I would grab Austin Ekler from the Chargers..he would be such a weapon in Canada and DK Metcalf at reciever outta Seattle..he would be a mismatch nightmare on the big field..Think Duke William's but way better athlete and wicked fast.

Also would love to see what Chris Thompson the rb in Washington could do here

He not playing anymore but Dwight Freeney who used to play for Colts would have been my defensive guy, but currently I'd have Kalihl Mack playing a Willie Jefferson role..

I'd have to think more about others tho..those guys are just ones who immediately come to mind and stand out to me to suit the CFL field and style..oh yeah Christian Kirk in Arizona as well to me would be a Terry Vaughn clone

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Only semi-related but I always thought Brian Urlacher would have been a phenomenal CFL LBer...

His speed and range were incredible. I think he would have done better up here then Ray Lewis. 

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Fuckkkk...Lamar in the CFL. 

Destruction

Yes soo much. Gl stoping Clowney too. 

Maybe the most unstoppable would be the athletic tes though. Big strong fast vs Sam and DBS 30-40 lbs lighter it'd be Mike sellers gone wild. 

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Garcia was pretty great for sure, but man, for my money....Flutie.......that's as close to the definition of "unstoppable" as I've ever seen...

One of my hilarious memories involving Flutie was during the Reinbolde era.  He had just put up some ridiculous passing numbers against the Bombers - something like 85% completion and 400+ passing yards, without even playing in the 4th quarter.

Post - Game show:

Bob Irving: Jeff, would you say Doug Flutie played an outstanding game against your defense?

Jeff Reinbolde: no he didn't Bob - there were over 56 missed assignments!

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

you don't need to pass to win,,,Navy just pounded Army in the annual game...The Navy QB rushed for 304 yards....they passed once...a wr threw a 1 yard pass for a TD....They won 31-7 

Go figure eh?

There will always be the odd anomaly in sports- the Riders won with Kent Austin slinging the ball and almost no running game, but this does not happen often enough to make it your "go-to" offence.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There will always be the odd anomaly in sports- the Riders won with Kent Austin slinging the ball and almost no running game, but this does not happen often enough to make it your "go-to" offence.

It was said in jest, not as a reason to do it...but amazing none the less

On 2019-12-13 at 10:13 PM, Jpan85 said:

Here is a question for you Booch you have to pick 10 guys from the NFL to play in CFL who are they? Any position. 

I'm not Booch, but I'll give my $.02...

Wilson, Jackson, Mahomes - qb

McCaffrey, Barkley - rb

Tyreek Hill - wr

Aaron Donald, JJ Watt - dt

Minkah Fitzpatrick - sam

Myles Garrett - DE

Edited by sweep the leg

23 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

McCaffrey, Barkley - rb

Tyreek Hill - wr

Minkah Fitzpatrick - sam

Myles Garrett - DE

In my opinion (or I’m just guessing) this isn’t really the intent of this question... of course the superstars in the nfl would be superstars in the cfl... I think he was wondering what secondary/mid level guys would excel in the cfl...

a few guys off the top of my head... bills Qb Josh Allen (and he may still become an nfl superstar) would be dominant in the cfl... NYJ DE/LB CJ Mosley... Steelers rb/wr Jaylen Samuels... even Taysom Hill who has been discussed here a lot as the nfl streveler... mostly guys that are extremely athletic and versatile...

18 minutes ago, bearpants said:

In my opinion (or I’m just guessing) this isn’t really the intent of this question... of course the superstars in the nfl would be superstars in the cfl... I think he was wondering what secondary/mid level guys would excel in the cfl...

a few guys off the top of my head... bills Qb Josh Allen (and he may still become an nfl superstar) would be dominant in the cfl... NYJ DE/LB CJ Mosley... Steelers rb/wr Jaylen Samuels... even Taysom Hill who has been discussed here a lot as the nfl streveler... mostly guys that are extremely athletic and versatile...

tHAT was my thought too...Hence I went for guys like Chris Thompson...Austin Ekler...

That why I put in a guy like Jakeem Grant. He is a excellent returner. Also very under utilized as a receiver as a senior at at he caught 90 passes for 1300 in 13 games. Played in Kliff Kingsbury system there where I think he pulled a lot from his time in the CFL.

On 2019-12-16 at 11:06 AM, sweep the leg said:

McCaffrey, Barkley - rb

Tyreek Hill - wr

Minkah Fitzpatrick - sam

Myles Garrett - DE

Tyreek hill on the cfl field would unstoppable. Bo jackson in tecmo bowl unstoppable. 

Edited by wbbfan

21 hours ago, bearpants said:

Not necessarily. We've seen in the past how some top NFL players were absolute duds in the CFL.