2020 CFL Free-Agents

M.O.A.B.

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

On the depth chart they can't replace a national but in reality during the game they can and Hansen did on many snaps for us this season.

So we could roster Kongbo as a starter with only Hansen on the line as his backup and carry the rest as internationals?  Seems strange.

42 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah his name is Connor Griffith...plays for the Bombers lol

Wait... are you saying Kyle drafted with the intent of replacing an existing player on the team who was approaching retirement approximately a year in advance so that the player would be ready to replace the retiring player and the team could move on from that retirement smoothly.... wow sounds like a GM with a plan :D

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Unless this lad can keep up with the big boys in the weight room  he's not taking reps. away from the other DT's.

I imagine 281 at draft time last year is < than today's playing weight after a year of training at pro level. 

35 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I imagine 281 at draft time last year is < than today's playing weight after a year of training at pro level. 

Who knows, Ekakitie didn't put in the work needed, Walters has drafted well in the last couple of years but not every draft pick is golden.  If Griffiths can earn some reps. next season he may be in position to replace Jake the following year.....that is if Jake chooses to retire.

Drew Desjarlais deserves more attention than he's received, not since Suhk Chungh has a CIS rookie stepped in and played so well on the O-line, an accomplishment even the highly touted Qadr Spooner failed to achieve.

D5mjeV4W4AEqb1I.jpg

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

On 2019-12-04 at 12:34 PM, Jesse said:

Can't the Globals only rotate with Americans?

On 2019-12-04 at 4:23 PM, Floyd said:

Hansen doesn't count as a non-import - I asked that mid-season

On 2019-12-04 at 4:56 PM, TBURGESS said:

They can as long as there are still 7 other NI's on the field. In other words, they aren't counted as NI's for ratio purposes.

On 2019-12-04 at 4:30 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

The global players can sub in for nationals.

Unless something has changed in the rules, I'm not sure why they wouldn't count. You actually don't need to start a certain amount of Canadians as per rule. The rule has always been written that you can only start a maximum amount of Americans, not that you must start a minimum amount of Canadians so since Hansen is not an American, he should count the same way as a Canadian.

On 2019-12-06 at 12:37 PM, Mike said:

Unless something has changed in the rules, I'm not sure why they wouldn't count. You actually don't need to start a certain amount of Canadians as per rule. The rule has always been written that you can only start a maximum amount of Americans, not that you must start a minimum amount of Canadians so since Hansen is not an American, he should count the same way as a Canadian.

nice... just goes to show you that you can't overlook those adjectives and nouns when determining rule application...