Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

Not sure where to post this... Bombers free-agent list per (3DownNation) 

Offense:
QB Collaros
QB Streveler
QB Nichols
OL Bryant
OL Hardrick
OL Neufeld*
OL Couture*
RB Augustine*
WR Adams
WR Wolitarsky*

Defense
DE Jefferson
DE Roh  
DT Nevis
DT Thomas*
LB Thomas 
LB Jones
DB Rose
DB Sayles
DB Maston
DB Taylor
DB Fenner
DB Hecht*
DB D.Jones*
DB Gaitor (I think he should be in the list)

Hope some of the newcomers in the secondary stick around. Loved what Taylor, Jones, Maston showed down the stretch. Really like wolitarsky, and hopefully we can keep our oline strong. 

Our QB situation will be the most intriguing to watch though. Personally I'd like to move on from Nichols. Great guy but I don't think he could have won us those playoff games.  Collaros was exactly what this offense needed, an accurate deep ball passer who's not afraid to throw it up and let a guy make a play. The only time Nichols would throw it deep is if the guy was wide open and that simply won't get it done in November. Gotta find a way to keep streveler around, he's a warrior and I still think he had starting QB potential. 

Will be interesting

Rebuild! Rebuild! Rebuild!

Must have in blue, like to have in gold. 

Offense:
QB Collaros
QB Streveler
QB Nichols
OL Bryant
OL Hardrick
OL Neufeld*
OL Couture*
RB Augustine*
WR Adams
WR Wolitarsky*

Defense
DE Jefferson
DE Roh  
DT Nevis
DT Thomas*
LB Thomas 
LB Jones
DB Rose
DB Sayles
DB Maston
DB Taylor
DB Fenner
DB Hecht*
DB D.Jones*
DB Gaitor (I think he should be in the list)

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Winston Rose still getting no respect?

Oh he and Sayles are for sure...way back in off-season when we signed him I said that was prob one of the bigger if not biggest pick-ups...I forgot he was only on a one yr deal...I think he will be back..too small for NFL opp...

Couture and Neuf are musts I think..and affordable...Woli and Demski need/should be back and hopefully we have room for Nevis and Maston...so of that list gotta's are Willie..Bryant..Hardrick ..Rose..Sayles..Woli..Demski..Strevler (at backup money which I think he would expect..not teir 1 starter yet and he knows it) and if money allows Nevis, Maston and possibly Fenner but he will need a shave in money...will he accept tho?

I think with Kongbo and Hansen Roh's time is up...too bad but thats business...and Taylor may be on outs soley from age..he's what 32..33? Adams I would like and hope we have room for as he is a leader and glue guy and when healthy and not expected to be a true number 1 more than valuable...Augustine should be back..he isn't pricey and he has value..we still need 2 Canadian RB's behind Harris and Augustine has really excelled on ST

The rest are expendable and easily replaced/upgraded...so to me keeping the majority of the core should be pretty doable...the big question is starter at QB and will be intersting how that goes

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Oh he and Sayles are for sure...way back in off-season when we signed him I said that was prob one of the bigger if not biggest pick-ups...I forgot he was only on a one yr deal...I think he will be back..too small for NFL opp...

Couture and Neuf are musts I think..and affordable...Woli and Demski need/should be back and hopefully we have room for Nevis and Maston...so of that list gotta's are Willie..Bryant..Hardrick ..Rose..Sayles..Woli..Demski..Strevler (at backup money which I think he would expect..not teir 1 starter yet and he knows it) and if money allows Nevis, Maston and possibly Fenner but he will need a shave in money...will he accept tho?

I think with Kongbo and Hansen Roh's time is up...too bad but thats business...and Taylor may be on outs soley from age..he's what 32..33? Adams I would like and hope we have room for as he is a leader and glue guy and when healthy and not expected to be a true number 1 more than valuable...Augustine should be back..he isn't pricey and he has value..we still need 2 Canadian RB's behind Harris and Augustine has really excelled on ST

The rest are expendable and easily replaced/upgraded...so to me keeping the majority of the core should be pretty doable...the big question is starter at QB and will be intersting how that goes

Kongbo didn't do enough to solidify himself you think??

Offense:
QB Collaros - I think he's gone to TO regardless
QB Streveler - Want him back big time in the same role
QB Nichols -  Probably will be our QB1 next year IMO.
OL Bryant - NEED.
OL Hardrick - Very likely will be back
OL Neufeld* - Love the guy but there's only so much money to go around. I think he goes home to Sask to finish his career. He got his ring. Also, we have a bursting pipeline of young Canadian OL
OL Couture* - Very likely will be our starting C again, unless brass thinks Eli is ready to be the guy (but I think likely not yet)
RB Augustine* -  If Oliveira is back to full health, Johnny goes on to other opportunities where he deservedly gets a bigger role (hard to become the guy when you play on an Andrew Harris team)
WR Adams - I'm sure we make him a fair offer and he stays. Gets to be the #1 receiver here.
WR Wolitarsky* - Stays with his buddy Strev but if he does go, we have Petermann as another Canadian rec and we can shuffle the core around to give him the role that best suits his abilities

Defense
DE Jefferson - I think he stays and wins multiple championships with us
DE Roh  - most certainly walks. Thanks for everything though, Craig. Enjoyed the smackdown you laid on Manzeil.
DT Nevis - tough one. I think he stays but wouldn't be surprised to see him go if another team makes him a big offer. Last year he went to FA to check his market value and signed here again.
DT Thomas* - Back for sure to continue his streak.
LB Thomas - ?
LB Jones - ?
DB Rose - MUST.
DB Sayles - MUST.
DB Maston -  I think he's our SAM of the future
DB Taylor - 50/50. I like him but depends on the $$ sitch
DB Fenner - gone
DB Hecht* - might re-sign and just be an ST demon/serviceable fill-in at safety. I think it depends if he thinks he can get the chance at a bigger role elsewhere or not
DB D.Jones* - see above, although more likely to stay than Hecht.
DB Gaitor (I think he should be in the list) - Gonezo.

Players who remain under contract for next season (and, in some cases, beyond) are signed through the following years.

QB Sean McGuire (I) — 2020
RB Andrew Harris (N) — 2020
RB Brady Oliveira (N) — 2021
FB Mike Miller (N) — 2020
FB John Rush (N) — 2020
REC Rasheed Bailey (I) — 2020
REC Nic Demski (N) — 2020
REC Kenny Lawler (I) — 2020
REC Daniel Petermann (N) — 2020
REC Lucky Whitehead (I) — 2020
OL Drew Desjarlais (N) — 2021
OL Tui Eli (N) — 2020
OL Geoff Gray (N) — 2020
OL Cody Speller (N) — 2020
DL Thiadric Hansen (G) — 2020
DL Jackson Jeffcoat (I) — 2020
DL Steven Richardson (I) — 2020
DL Jonathan Kongbo (N) — 2021
LB Adam Bighill (I) — 2021
LB Jesse Briggs (N) — 2020
LB Shayne Gauthier (N) — 2020
LB Kyrie Wilson (I) — 2020
DB Brandon Alexander (I) — 2020
DB Kerfalla Emmanuel Exumé (N) — 2020
DB Nick Hallett (N) — 2020
DB Mike Jones (I) — 2020
RET Janarion Grant (I) — 2020
K/P Justin Medlock (I) — 2020
LS Chad Rempel (N) — 2020

Bryant and Hardrick are musts - the interior is now plug and play

Neufeld comes back only at a discount...

I love Woli but Petermann would replace him in a heart beat if he wants big $$

Rose is the only must sign DB - Sayles and Maston would be great but mike Jones can step into Sayles role

Nevis and Thomas are more must signs than WillieJ - Kongbo will be dominant...

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Bryant and Hardrick are musts - the interior is now plug and play

Neufeld comes back only at a discount...

I love Woli but Petermann would replace him in a heart beat if he wants big $$

Rose is the only must sign DB - Sayles and Maston would be great but mike Jones can step into Sayles role

Nevis and Thomas are more must signs than WillieJ - Kongbo will be dominant...

I feel like we are quickly approaching a critical mass with the developmental canadian back ups. But then again, I could see a guy or two retiring in the off season. We see more and more guys retire young to maintain a higher quality of life. 

Just now, do or die said:

Kongbo has serious potential and the right passpoprt

Let's not forget that Kongbo couldn't even get on the practice field until the season had started. He's a rookie, straight out of college, and got overshadowed late in the year by WJ and JJ (which is totally fine). 

If you watch the replays, he was causing all sorts of troubles out there. 

Kongbo will be starting by the end of next year, I think and be as lethal as JJ has been.