Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

6 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Isnt antigha usually playing up on the line? Might be a little too slow for safety.

awe is certainly faster, but antigha is a gamer. 

These two veterna, versatile, athletic tweeners makes me think they want to have bighill play more of his normal mid deep rover and have a wil that can do the HCF etc stuff while scraping to the ball. 

Certainly both are low risk high reward and will provide a good push for competition at WLB, which as been pretty flat in the past. 

Just now, do or die said:

Not as the base D.   Just some situational stuff, with all the hybrid guys we are amassing on D.  Bombers should be able to throw a bunch of different looks out there.

We used this mix a good bit last year, especially late. But also the way we play jefferson, and jake/drake on the nose, its more like a 3-4 over formation any way then a traditional 4-3. 

I dont see us becoming a firm 3-4 team, but we are allready a hybrid front with heavy nose tackle usage team. 

I think the versatility of running a 3-4 with a more traditional gap cancellation 30, and 2 full time sams would be great in the cfl. But no one seems to be pursuing that much. More teams are using the 3-4 over set like we do. 

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They won’t.  Outside of short yardage you’ll never see 7 DL/LB on a CFL field at the same time.

Will see as usual some 30 fronts with two backers and a mess of DB’s and might see some 30 fronts with a rushing LB.

Sure seemed like we were sprinkling 3-4 into the D a fair bit in the second half of the season last year...

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Sure seemed like we were sprinkling 3-4 into the D a fair bit in the second half of the season last year...

Yes 30 fronts, three linemen.  That’s pretty common.  You might see 4 backers on the field a couple times a game around the goal-line.  Most teams don’t even dress 4 LB’s who play D.

The big adjustment happened when Jeffcoat returned along with Kongbo taking more reps where they would consistently run three edge type rushers on the field on passing downs, with or without a nose tackle.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yes 30 fronts, three linemen.  That’s pretty common.  You might see 4 backers on the field a couple times a game around the goal-line.  Most teams don’t even dress 4 LB’s who play D.

The big adjustment happened when Jeffcoat returned along with Kongbo taking more reps where they would consistently run three edge type rushers on the field on passing downs, with or without a nose tackle.

Im sure I saw both Jefferson and Jeffcoat lining up as an LB at times... especially in the playoffs 

18 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

At times we dress enough LBers for the whole league to run a 3-4. Maybe a mild exaggeration :P But yeah mostly team bodies at lber depth. 

Itd be more of a 3-2 or 3-3 front. We wont see a true 3-4 any time soon in regular play.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

I doubt Antigha or Awe got much of a signing bonus if any...  they are coming in to compete in camp just like everyone else

Wilson (Awe/Peters) - Bighill (Miles) - Maston (Antigha)

Jefferson (McAllister) - Thomas (Griffiths) - Richardson - Jeffcoat (Hansen)

Getting some serious depth on the front seven - really looking like 3-4

Plus Jesse Briggs' return. Depth indeed!

19 hours ago, Floyd said:

Im sure I saw both Jefferson and Jeffcoat lining up as an LB at times... especially in the playoffs 

It seemed like rush ends but a step behind the LOS if my memory is meshing with yours. Also there 3 rush ends at once. Very tricky was my thoughts at the time. It seems the defense is going to be different again this year with the player movement. 

I'm guessing most people have read this article already, but a couple of interesting things:

• Awe first came to the CFL with the B.C. Lions in 2017 after being recommended by current Bombers Director of College Scouting, Ryan Rigmaiden. 
  • “I’m a computer nerd,” began Awe with a chuckle, during a conversation with bluebombers.com from his offseason base in Chicago. “When I was hurt last year in Toronto I couldn’t just sit there and not do anything, so I ended up creating what is basically a prediction app for football. Now I use that technology to predict plays even faster, even more efficiently than ever.“It’s very simple… the great linebackers always seem to know what the next play is based on any number of factors, like down and distance, personnel packages… it’s any variable. If it’s happened before it will tell you, ‘Last time they were in this, this, this and this, this is what they usually do.’ It’s just providing more information and it’s been beneficial to me personally.”

“Essentially, I took what I knew and made an artificial intelligence app that confirms what you are already thinking. You always hear coaches say, ‘Don’t think, don’t think…’ Now if you have the facts about a team when they are second and eight on their own 40-yard line, for example, and you combine on top of that your own instincts… it’s almost like cheating.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/02/18/im-thinking-dynasty-point-awe-bringing-brains-physicality-bombers/

Interesting to hear that part of Collaro's salary and if he hits all his bonus money is deferred into 2021...so not on this year's cap. So money most likely is there for a big ticket receiver, as well as Kongbo making about 100k last year also off the books. So obviously there is more in the pot then people like to think...

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Interesting to hear that part of Collaro's salary and if he hits all his bonus money is deferred into 2021...so not on this year's cap. So money most likely is there for a big ticket receiver, as well as Kongbo making about 100k last year also off the books. So obviously there is more in the pot then people like to think...

And the Nichols money.