Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Receivers pricing themselves out of the market.......Posey's ask....200K.....nuts...I can imagine what Walker is asking and if Rhymes is in the same price range.....ouch....Nobody is going to touch that this fa

Supply and demand right now. Too many receivers available so nobody is shelling out the big bucks.

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Its not that clear in the rule book. I have been meaning to see if I can find someone on twitter that knows.

From the CBA:

No mention of who Globals can go in for, but...

The following Players shall be classified as Global Players:
(a) Any player who does not hold Canadian or American citizenship, and has
not been physically resident in Canada for an aggregate period of five (5) years
prior to attaining the age of eighteen (18) years, or who does not qualify as a
National in any other way.

And

In the event of a game injury to any of the Club’s ten (10) National Starters, the
injured player(s) can be replaced by either a National or any other American on the roster who
qualifies under the Amended definition of National
above.

Doesn't sound like a Global can take an NI spot.

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

Arjen Colquhoun is a National DB we should be targeting..can play boundary corner...safety..teams...still young...17th over all pick in his draft....be reasonable price too...perfect Jones replacement

He is starter quality, I'd say. Just seems injury prone AF.

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

From the CBA:

No mention of who Globals can go in for, but...

And

Doesn't sound like a Global can take an NI spot.

That's not the stance I was taking on it though. Had a look at it and it seems like they clarified what I had found inconsistent before - the old CBA never used to say you had to start any Canadians, it just used to say you couldn't start more than 16 Americans (non QB) and the balance left you with 7 Canadian starters. So yeah, I guess Globals can't take an NI spot (which, IMO, is dumb)

On 2020-02-10 at 5:59 PM, Booch said:

not to mention the times the QB looked for his first read and Willie was in way...or would have impeded it and the QB had to look elswhere, reulting in a sack..and failed play..things that dont show on a stat sheet..and it happens every game

LOL! With that wing span Willie doesn't have to be "in the way". 

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

I thought Globals were imports without needing to be classified as DIs...  so confusing.

Basically...  Its something that will need to be figured out over time.  But right now its like the league will offer the global players jobs just not good jobs. Very difficult for global's to win starting jobs when competing against so many americans.

In regards to globals we are at an advantage somewhat currently..unless some other team basically uncovers a gem that may contribute on ST's many teams are gonna in essance basically have 2 wasted roster spots

At least our global is a terror on ST's and really developed to become a productive rotational DE on a team that was stacked with Willie..Jeffcoat and Kongbo...at least ours has a use and purpose

1 hour ago, Ridermania said:

David William Naylor

@TSNDaveNaylor
Very quiet on the Derel Walker front with little buzz about what's happening.

All that said, based on my conversations today, I'll be surprised if he's not signing with the @BCLions.

BC has lots of SMS tied up for a few players, not sure of that strategy.

If he can block at all, you guys should consider him for your O line.