Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

The way I see it we still have some cap space.  With Nevis on the way out that covers Willie's raise. Similar expenditure at quarterback.  Rose and Fenner salaries gone. And then there was the big money we were able to pay to Chris Matthews.  I'm hoping for at least one solid defensive back and then some form of icing on the cake.  

Just now, Geebrr said:

I know that is the popular rumour. Don't blame you for that belief 

I think he goes back, just a feeling. 

Yeah, I'm totally basing that on what I've read and thinking how it would make sense. 

The guy doesn't return my calls, so I can't tell what he's thinking. 

Just now, Blueandgold said:

Walters has done a great job, he's brought pretty much everyone back that he can. I wouldn't mind seeing Derek Jones and Thomas Miles back as well as a receiver or DB. 

But I'd say free agency has worked out well even if we stand pat. 

I believe Miles is retiring

32 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I'm sure there is a few very good players in free agency that would like to "come on down to Winnipeg" on a team friendly deal to win a Grey Cup

Is Duron Carter available or is he still be worked out by NFL camps? And yes I will show myself out....

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Gotta hand it to the Bombers..they have essentially retained the entire corp of their Grey Cup team to try and repeat..doesn't normally happen in this day and age...the guys we lost suck..but are replaceable....has to bode very well coming into a new season...for most part will hit ground running with all the starters back on offence, and basically same on defence for most part

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Please tell me that's the take over there...?? I've been curious about how they're going to spin all these guys spurning money to stay here...

Direct quote:

"Edit: On second thought. He's not really that good. He needs to be more consistent, and I remember some games where he was invisible for entire games."

lololololol

2 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Direct quote:

"Edit: On second thought. He's not really that good. He needs to be more consistent, and I remember some games where he was invisible for entire games."

lololololol

Forgetting his play-off performance, especially in the Cup...I'll take that any day

Lets see what his stats are compared to what Johnson got last yr on basically the same deal...a deal they were ballyhooing as them becoming a team that nobody could run on with him and Evans...he of the 200k slaary as well...now thats funny

Possibly Willie's most impressive stat is that he lead the league in pass knockdowns with 16.  On the league's statistical PDF they only list 11 players on the pass knockdowns list.  10 of them are defensive backs and the other one is Willie Jefferson.  He's a special talent. 

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

Possibly Willie's most impressive stat is that he lead the league in pass knockdowns with 16.  On the league's statistical PDF they only list 11 players on the pass knockdowns list.  10 of them are defensive backs and the other one is Willie Jefferson.  He's a special talent. 

not to mention the times the QB looked for his first read and Willie was in way...or would have impeded it and the QB had to look elswhere, reulting in a sack..and failed play..things that dont show on a stat sheet..and it happens every game