Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Can't bump Nevis but Walters  is willing to offer Jefferson 3 times his salary, that makes no sense from a salary management perspective.  

Unless we have a replacement already lined up or think we can scout another. 

We were worried when we lost Poop, right? 

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Can't bump Nevis but Walters  is willing to offer Jefferson 3 times his salary, that makes no sense from a salary management perspective.  

I recall it was noticeable drop when Nevis was not in. Maybe they have another guy who can fill that spot. Bomber D line was bad for a lot of years, continuing after O'Shea arrived.

Not sure it's that easy to find guys like Nevis.

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

85K is quite the bargain for the run stuffing dynamo. Don't blame him for wanting more $$$ even if its to play for a shitty team in a shitty city with a shitty fanbase.

thats a whole lotta shitty hahaha

But Kudos to him for getting paid if he didn't fit into our projected salary structure...the fact we let him walk today maybe means Walters knows we are retaining Willie then..Be pretty shoddy GM'ing to let a dominant other piece of the D-line walk with prospect of losing the dominant end too...thats a lot of change up front to re-coup

believed to be...where does he get his numbers?...and really can the Cat's be able to pay 230k to Davis..275k to Willie..200 and whatever k to Laurent, as well as the 150-160k or whatever Lawrence is making and whatever Howser re-upped to..not to mention Frankie Williams reported 6 figure deal...and I am sure Breault ain't cheap either..not very prudent SMS use to fill a complete roster if you ask me...thats probably over 1.1 million easily right there on 7 players...Adeleke too prob is well over 100k...if they re-sign Wynn too something is obviously fishy there

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

believed to be...where does he get his numbers?...and really can the Cat's be able to pay 230k to Davis..275k to Willie..200 and whatever k to Laurent, as well as the 150-160k or whatever Lawrence is making and whatever Howser re-upped to..not to mention Frankie Williams reported 6 figure deal...and I am sure Breault ain't cheap either..not very prudent SMS use to fill a complete roster if you ask me...thats probably over 1.1 million easily right there on 7 players...Adeleke too prob is well over 100k...if they re-sign Wynn too something is obviously fishy there

They also have two QBs making more than our two are, easily. But how cheap is their OL? Truly do not know.

Just now, Floyd said:

Why on earth would Willie J care if he plays with JaGared Davis...  he left Sask while he was teamed with Charleston Hughes

This has turned into typical Winnipeg 'we're not good enough' reporting...  Jeffcoat is fkn good - as good as Davis

Not thrilled about rebuilding the DL though - especially since Richie Hall NEEDS a dominant DL...  last year we finally had it

Don’t worry about it